Walter Reed Army Institute of Research - Nepitism and incompetant leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walter Reed Army Institute of Research

"Nepitism and incompetant leadership"

I worked at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research full-time

Pros

There are some employees there that are doing the right thing (no personal agenda. They are good stewards of the taxpayers dollars.

Cons

HR Department practicesnepitism throughout the command, most previlent in HR and command suite, Poor Leadership, No transparency down through chain of command, and to many personal agendas througout senior leadership with bad residual effects.

Advice to Management

People do not organizations, they leave leadership

Other Employee Reviews for Walter Reed Army Institute of Research

1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Research Associate in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Research Associate in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of freedom and interesting work; I was in the clinical research side and it was lot of fun b/c the work and the research was interesting.

Cons

Not lot of support system. If you are on the bottom of the toting pole, then good luck because you will be blamed for things that you did not do. No accountability whatsoever. Good luck if you are a contractor and not a government employee b/c you will not be climbing the proverbial ladder.

Advice to Management

Better support system.

2. "Average"

Pros

Walter Reed Army Institute of Research is a great place to gain experience. I'm satisfied with my current position and I look forward to future advancement opportunities.

Cons

The salary is average and the workload can be overwhelming at times. Other than that, I'm satisfied with my position.

Advice to Management

I think my supervisor does a great job at managing others. I'm thankful that he/she does not act as a micro manager.