Washington Hospital Healthcare System - Most of the people at WHHS are fabulous; however, the leadership team rules with fear and intimidation. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Washington Hospital Healthcare System

"Most of the people at WHHS are fabulous; however, the leadership team rules with fear and intimidation."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Washington Hospital Healthcare System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff members at WHHS care for their patients and the patient's well-being is considered to be
their first priority. Employees (non-management) in general exhibit a team player attitude and create a feeling of camaraderie in the workplace.

Cons

The leadership of this organization rule with fear and intimidation. Unfortunately, this leadership style has affected the culture of the organization and creates an underlying sense of fear which prohibits healthy contribution and growth. Leadership interaction is often unnecessarily negative and punitive regardless of facts. Team members are very aware of the consequences of speaking the truth and due to fear will deliver messages in alignment with senior leaders to prevent termination.

Advice to Management

WHHS leadership should embrace positive collaboration and truly empower members of the WHHS team to transform the culture of the organization to a positive environment where the goals of the organization and community can be met more effectively. The organizational culture should be such that negativity, fearful management tactics, and intimidation is considered intolerable throughout all levels of the organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Washington Hospital Healthcare System

1. "Gift Shop Volunteer"

Former Freelancer - Gift Shop Volunteer in Fremont, CA
    Former Freelancer - Gift Shop Volunteer in Fremont, CA

Pros

We get a free ice cream/lemonade ticket to the hospital's cafeteria each time we come in. The shifts are also 4 hours each, so it was perfect.

Cons

The training was only 3 days long. We had to learn many different tasks with many details. Then we were expected to work on our own afterwards. There was a large manual for instructions in the office, but direct help was inaccessible.

Advice to Management

It would've been better if the training was longer where the new volunteer could do more of the tasks, so that they can remember better. Observing other volunteers do it, doesn't help us retain the process.

2. "Too many chiefs"

I have been working at Washington Hospital Healthcare System full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, great Pay, that's it

Cons

Backstabbing, gossiping. Too many people in management, not enough workers. Everyone wants to be a boss or manage and do none of the dirty work

Advice to Management

Find out why nurses are leaving and we are always short