Washington Mutual - A nice place to work before the greed set in | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Washington Mutual

"A nice place to work before the greed set in"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

My immediate coworkers were extremely warm and caring, and they cared about me as a person.

Cons

I worked in a functional area and didn't feel like there were a lot of people there I could learn from. I came to WaMu with years of Fortune 500 experience in my specialty, and many of the people I worked with seemed like they were in their jobs because they'd been with the bank for years and had just been promoted up through the ranks because they did what executives wanted them to do.

Advice to Management

Stay in banking if you can, since many of you would get eaten alive in other industries.

Other Employee Reviews for Washington Mutual

1. "WaMu employees mostly happy with JP Morgan Chase."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Pros

Good benefits, tons of information and resources. Also, Chase is coming to town! Mostly everyone is really happy that JP Morgan Chase bought WaMu. But it's sad for those who are losing their jobs, good luck to you all.

Cons

Way too much micro-management. There's a right way to do it, but the way it's done here doesn't account for results. It's micro-management with no follow-up on results.

Advice to Management

To the new Chase management: It's ok to keep tabs on production and customer service, but please recognize results and improvement when you see it. Also, your communication with employees has decreased since the merger. WaMu employees were very impressed with your extensive communication in September, don't let that fade away!

2. "Satisfactory but not great"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- good environment and people are professional. Teams are small and there is a lot of cross learning

Cons

not good communication between management. Disorganized at the top. No transparency

Advice to Management

Have more transperency and vision for the growth of the company