Washington Mutual - too late. company no longer exists | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Washington Mutual

"too late. company no longer exists"

Current Employee - Senior Internal Controls Analyst in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Internal Controls Analyst in Seattle, WA

Pros

used to be the core values and culture, but now what's left is quickly being assimilated by Chase. The only thing left are the branches, which are now Chase

Cons

Bad management ran the company into the ground. Obviously a big downside is that it doesn't exist any more.

Advice to Management

Too late now. Thanks for all your hard work in ruining a once proud company.

Other Employee Reviews for Washington Mutual

1. "Washington Mutual failure a huge miss for employees"

Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Flexible, good salary, close to home. I felt like I was in the middle of solving real problems, and also helping drive strategy for the next couple of years. I worked in the technical area and had a real good relationship with the business owners. We completed lots of projects and were well on our way to bringing Wamu systems up to date with other competitor's systems.
    I liked being able to take the bus to work, and was able to come and go as I wanted for the most part. I could work from home when I needed to.

Cons

Upper management is not good at communicating changes. Secretive, so I didn't know what was coming or how to compete for the next job. When the changes came down from Chase, I was not told anything until I was released. I wanted to at least have the opportunity to apply for a job or talk to someone from Chase, but there was no one there.
    My manager didn't have a clue, even before the buyout, of what was happening in the company. I didn't feel like she was fighting for me...just totally by the book, even when it made no sense at all.

Advice to Management

Be fair to all employees and don't play favorites.

2. "Good salary is possible but beware."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

No cap on comissions. Vast network of branches. Training is provided. Marketing department does a fine job of driving in business. Base is low compared to competition, however total compensation is higher than other banks.

Cons

The amount of office politics and favoritism is rampant. Too many incompetent persons are promoted bypassing more knowledgeable employees. Getting along with your regional manager seems to be key to advance in the company. Knowledge and hard-work on brings envy from co-workers.

Advice to Management

the amount of cronyism must end. too many good employees are leaving the company due to hopelessness that can occurr.