Washoe County Schools - Kids are great, Administration is wanting... | Glassdoor
  1. "Kids are great, Administration is wanting..."

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Washoe County Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the students are great, keeping in mind every place has its issues. I would say most building administrations seem to have a clue, but not all.

Cons

Upper bureaucracy is ineffective and consistently makes poor choices, from execution of plans to hiring effective teachers and administration. There is frequent inconsistency from site to site and zone to zone, as a result of a massive school district that should really be broken in to more autonomous regions. Good luck working with the transportation department, which is an embodiment of all the issues the district... has (including accountability of funds!).

Advice to Management

Fire ineffective administrations, educators, and staff members--they are holding you back. Figure our transportation, which is an ABSOLUTE mess.

Washoe County Schools2017-12-05

Other Employee Reviews

1. "BAs in English and Music & Theatre; Masters in TESOL"

Current Employee - Teacher in Reno, NV

I have been working at Washoe County Schools full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love working with young people motivating them for future happiness and success.

Cons

Teaching can be stressful with many hours of overtime required.

Advice to Management

WCSD should take advantage of well educated instructors who want to continue working after retiring from full time teaching with the district.

Washoe County Schools2019-06-17
  2. "Overworked and no sight of a salary increase"

I have been working at Washoe County Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Collaboration with knowledgeable co workers

Cons

Too many demands Not enough time

Washoe County Schools2019-09-24

Discover more reviews about Washoe County Schools.