Waste Management - Doing a major reconstruction - don't care about their employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

"Doing a major reconstruction - don't care about their employees"

Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at Waste Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was decent as was hours. Gave you the training you needed to get the job done. Tried to give good customer service for what they were charging for but this did not always happen.

Cons

Raises were on hold. Always doing a reconstruction in the sales area. Think that because they have been around for a long time they should be able to give customers a higher rate than their competitor, not realistic with their sales goals.

Advice to Management

Need to be more realistic with pricing due to the economy! Need to value the customers they have that give more than 100%!

Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management

"Very corrupt company , over charges customers"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rochester, NH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rochester, NH

I worked at Waste Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has good pay ,bonus and benefits. There is very little micro management and you can pretty much make your own schedule .

Cons

Over charges customers with excessive fuel surcharges and various hidden charges. Very poor ethics. There's an internal management scandal every couple of months.

Advice to Management

Stop playing hardball with customers and threatening them with lawsuits when they try to cancel service. Need to put customer before profit goals.

"They push you till you drop"

Former Employee - Driver in Cocoa, FL
    Former Employee - Driver in Cocoa, FL

I worked at Waste Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It payed well good benefits(That's It)

Cons

You are worked hard and expected to do it fast and safe . If you don't you will be fired. To many so called life critical rules,means if you break them you are fired. They use scare tactics to motivate you and make you feel less worth the trash you are collecting. You will have on board camera staring at your every move inside and out of cab so make sure you have that seat belt on or you are out of here. I could go on with more but I wont.

Advice to Management

Lets get real with the safety. I'm all for safety but striving for perfection is only wearing your hard working employees out. I worked for you for almost five years and could not wait to get out because of your overly stringent rules not the hard work. I seen good people get tossed out like trash that have been working for you for years. My advice to you is start caring for your employees. That will make them want to work for you. And most of us know a happy worker is a good worker. And it would cost you less in the long run because you wouldn't be constantly training new employees.