Waste Management - Started off making great money but in one year commission pay was cut twice. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

"Started off making great money but in one year commission pay was cut twice."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lakeville, MN
Current Employee - Account Manager in Lakeville, MN

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly, good money in general. Base plus commission. Huge company that is well known and respected. Management is fair and doesn't play favorites which is refreshing.

Cons

They have cut our commission pay once and then changed the terms of how we meet our goals once so now it's hard to max out on commission even though the job is the same. Also only 10 days of vacation first year.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth. This is a billion dollar company, stop taking money out of the employees pockets while the upper management gets huge bonuses.

Waste Management Response

Aug 15, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

We are sorry you feel compensation and benefits are not up to your standards. Your feedback is important to us and has been shared as we strive to continue to be a best place to work.

Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management

"The training here in Tulsa is subpar! Was only trained for 2.5 weeks then turned loose on my own,"

Former Employee - Front End Load Driver in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Front End Load Driver in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Waste Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good paying job. Great group of employees. Great medical and dental insurance. Paid weekly.

Cons

Management is to concerned with numbers & not about the safety no matter how much they preach safety. Managers say one thing then do another.

Advice to Management

Worry more about the quality of work and not the quantity of work, You can only do so much when dealing with traffic , construction, etc...

2. "WM has a good working atmosphere and nice benefits."

Pros

The company has a good training program that is thorough and covers everything needed to handle the position. The supervisory staff is helpful and provides a positive environment.

Cons

The starting salary was lower than expected, but is partially made up with a good benefits. The environment was noisy at times.

Advice to Management

More concern could be shown for the day to day needs of employees.