WatchGuard Technologies - Decent place to work. | Glassdoor

"Decent place to work."

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - QA Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

With a smaller company there was always opportunity to move forward. The management team tended to reward hard work and dedication. Decent benefits that, as with all things could be better or worse depending on your situation. Very good team work within the groups. Always felt that you could get assistance when needed.

Cons

The marketing team did not do enough early on in the company to spread WatchGuard's story. They had technology leadership in their segment, but neglected to tell anyone on the street. In order to grow you must match the product with the story you are telling. (Look at how well Apple has done marketing a mp3 player in the market with the ipods.)

Advice to Management

Pick a vision for the company and drive in that direction!!!

Other Employee Reviews for WatchGuard Technologies

1. "Happy to be back at WatchGuard"

I have been working at WatchGuard Technologies full-time

Pros

Only since coming back to WatchGuard did I learn that an employee who returns to a company where she has previously worked is referred to as a “boomerang.” Well, I like it! It has a positive connotation, as if you were naturally just coming back to the spot you belong, and it’s representative of how I feel upon returning to WatchGuard.
    When I left WatchGuard 6 years ago, I made the move for a better career opportunity…and I can say the same about returning to WatchGuard now! Also, since I was last here, WatchGuard has many positive changes. The company’s leadership have invested in people and resources that have stoked the growth engine, and it’s working! The leadership team also emphasizes transparency and respect, and as a result, I watch as staff freely share thoughts and input for effective collaboration. I see HR and people managers take an interest in developing people and creating career paths – and let’s face it, this focus is often lacking in Seattle technology companies today.
    So, as far as I’m concerned, there’s no better time to come back to WatchGuard and join the ranks of the Boomerangs!

Cons

I haven't come across any since returning.

2. "Great company in a fantastic space"

I have been working at WatchGuard Technologies full-time

Pros

Interesting and challenging work
    Large enough to have plenty of resources, yet not so large that you won't have a direct impact on results
    Cutting edge cybersecurity market
    Great leadership team
    Performers are recognized and rewarded

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing