KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good environment and coworkers

Nov 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strongly supportive group of people, from the highest level of management down. Extremely friendly and welcoming environment - I feel encouraged to do well here both because I feel supported if I make mistakes and because I feel that I want to do right by my friends. It's also a good place to take ownership over things - my manager is very open to letting me take on projects or problems that I see and take control of the process. No pressure to stay late or pull long hours (not to say that this doesn't happen for big projects/releases/end of quarter) but it's not the culture. Good internal movement opportunities, the company is very open to it and it's not looked upon as "stealing from other departments" but rather helping you do what you want to be doing or are good at doing. Good location for food and public transit commuting, right by Union Station. Upper management is open about how the company is doing and what we're doing. They are not living in an ivory tower, interpersonal interactions with upper management are positive and actually personal. Good job defining and adhering to the values of the company. Free ORCA Card is a major plus! Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) all provided. 15 days of PTO, 9 sick days, 11 holidays.

Cons

From what I've gathered, it's on the lower end of Seattle tech in terms of benefits and salary, and a couple of friends who've left have cited "really good offers" or "offers they can't refuse" as reasons for leaving. And this can be a good and bad thing, but I feel like there are still a lot of small gaps that need to be filled in across the company. It means opportunities to do small projects, but it can also mean small hindrances along the way that can add up. Although there is a garage, it still costs $$$ to park there even after the subsidy from WatchGuard, so it's not the greatest if you're a car commuter.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for but not competitive benefits package

Jul 23, 2022 - Sales Engineer II in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, co-workers, and c-level leadership. Great products, vision and go to market strategy.

Cons

Poor employee development plans, no drive to exceed quota or how to, too focused on the channel and not enough on the end-user. No focus on strategic relationships.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good work life balance

Jul 19, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lot of PTO, wellness days, fridays end at 1pm

Cons

No growth Career opportunities are limited

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about WatchGuard Technologies.

WatchGuard Technologies Photos