WatchGuard Technologies - Good environment and coworkers | Glassdoor

"Good environment and coworkers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at WatchGuard Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strongly supportive group of people, from the highest level of management down. Extremely friendly and welcoming environment - I feel encouraged to do well here both because I feel supported if I make mistakes and because I feel that I want to do right by my friends. It's also a good place to take ownership over things - my manager is very open to letting me take on projects or problems that I see and take control of the process. No pressure to stay late or pull long hours (not to say that this doesn't happen for big projects/releases/end of quarter) but it's not the culture. Good internal movement opportunities, the company is very open to it and it's not looked upon as "stealing from other departments" but rather helping you do what you want to be doing or are good at doing. Good location for food and public transit commuting, right by Union Station. Upper management is open about how the company is doing and what we're doing. They are not living in an ivory tower, interpersonal interactions with upper management are positive and actually personal. Good job defining and adhering to the values of the company. Free ORCA Card is a major plus! Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) all provided. 15 days of PTO, 9 sick days, 11 holidays.

Cons

From what I've gathered, it's on the lower end of Seattle tech in terms of benefits and salary, and a couple of friends who've left have cited "really good offers" or "offers they can't refuse" as reasons for leaving. And this can be a good and bad thing, but I feel like there are still a lot of small gaps that need to be filled in across the company. It means opportunities to do small projects, but it can also mean small hindrances along the way that can add up. Although there is a garage, it still costs $$$ to park there even after the subsidy from WatchGuard, so it's not the greatest if you're a car commuter.

Continue reading
    WatchGuard Technologies2018-11-09
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Operations in Seattle, WA

I worked at WatchGuard Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are incredible and a real pleasure to work with. Very fun atmosphere that makes you want to go to work everyday.

Cons

The salaries are a bit low compared to others in the area.

WatchGuard Technologies2019-10-17
  2. "Great Starting Point"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Seattle, WA

I worked at WatchGuard Technologies full-time

Pros

Great to start at, has a culture that is very supportive of learning, and has a good work/life balance.

Cons

-Low compensation/benefits compared to area. -2-4 year plan/goal for Support employees tends to be a deadzone where you get stuck/or leave.

Continue reading
    WatchGuard Technologies2019-10-11

Discover more reviews about WatchGuard Technologies.