Watco Companies - Fast paced , changing culture, growing rapidly | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Watco Companies

"Fast paced , changing culture, growing rapidly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

people are good , trying to change, outlook for next few years excellent, with many opportunities for growth . Successfully raised the safety standards across company , with dramatically strong commitment .

Cons

pay is lower than industry standards, morale is low and turnover high

Advice to Management

raise the basic pay across the board or high turnover will continue. Cannot continue paying so low or that is all you will get from employees- low effort.

Other Employee Reviews for Watco Companies

"Good intentions bad follow through"

I worked at Watco Companies full-time

Pros

The pay is good if you work contracted in one of the refineries. Benefits are good.

Cons

Heard the pay was lacking outside refinery positions with Watco. Lots of talk - little to no action. Cover yourself, watch your 6.

Advice to Management

Try to pay attention to the "little guy" in more ways than just lip service. You might not think it is noticeable, but it is. Its belittling and demeaning. If you don't actually care, then say so - at least we can respect you for being honest. More e-mails, more tips-of-the-day, and more safety cards to carry does not equal being a decent human being with meaningful human interaction.

Watco Companies Response

Mar 27, 2017 – SVP People Services

We appreciate your feedback. That's the only way we can continue to get better. Thank you and feel free to reach out to rpeterson@watcocompanies.com if you'd be willing to discuss further.

2. "Definition of hypocrisy"

I worked at Watco Companies full-time

Pros

I was favorable for this company till reading other reviews that were different from my own but found out I was terminated for an unfit reason.

Cons

They will tell you that you have weekends off, go to ATL on your own time for a day and they hold it against you and use it to fire you. While others take the company van to the strip club with no reprimand. Great company and managers there! There are no values at a company that fires you for going to the aquarium and the botanical garden but keeps people that take company property, after hours, to the strip club.

Advice to Management

Hypocrisy might be a big word for you to understand, you might misinterpret it like you did with me and my seriousness about wanting this job.