Watson Dwyer - My experience has been unlike any other temp agency I've ever worked with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Watson Dwyer

"My experience has been unlike any other temp agency I've ever worked with."

Current Employee - Temp
Current Employee - Temp

Pros

It's a temporary agency, so you get paid every week.

Cons

I had no idea how long my assignment would last and now several months later, I'm still in limbo.

Advice to Management

Giving employees a more clear and concise assignment would improve the company immensely.

Other Employee Reviews for Watson Dwyer

"Great Place to Intern or Work Full Time"

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Chicago, IL

Pros

I interned at Watson Dwyer summer 2015 and knew that I wanted to come back summer 2016. When I first joined the company last year, everyone was very welcoming and helpful in showing me the ropes to all aspects of recruiting. From experienced professionals I was trained on networking, sourcing using career sites like CareerBuilder, data entry with our internal database (Bullhorn), proofing resumes, interviewing candidates, doing reference checks, creating job advertisements, cold-calling potential candidates, and more. I was able to work on a wide variety of jobs, whichever jobs sparked my interest. I was also given great flexibility in terms of my work schedule. While I primarily worked full time, I was able to take days off for other personal/school commitments as needed. The company understands the concept of a work/life balance and allowed me to have an enjoyable summer while working. Everyone in the office is so nice and helpful. While some recruiting environments may be competitive, Watson Dwyer truly is a collaborative environment with all recruiters working on each other's positions and offering support. I'm so glad I was able to come back for my second year of interning, and I know I have gained valuable experience that I have already been able to discuss during interviews and use in my day-to-day life. Thanks for a great two summers!

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons to my experience at Watson Dwyer as an intern. I would recommend interning at Watson Dwyer to any of my friends and peers, regardless of whether or not they are studying HR.

"Long standing relationships"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Watson Dwyer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid clients! A core team of veterans in the staffing industry and although there is pressure, unlike other staffing agencies, you are not hovered over being asked if you made a 100 calls for the day. Good blend of seasoned vets and young up an comers that bring technology to the forefront.

Cons

The job is what YOU make of it. Working hard, smart and going the extra mile will make you successful. Anything less will be setting yourself up for mediocrity.