Watson Realty Corp - What a new agent should know | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Watson Realty Corp

"What a new agent should know"

Current Contractor - Agent
Current Contractor - Agent

I have been working at Watson Realty Corp as a contractor

Pros

Watson is the market leader in central/north Florida. They have great name recognition and over 30 offices, and offer an array of additional services.

Cons

They do not provide mentoring or leads, and their training consists of lectures and power point slides, mainly focused on protecting Watson from liability in the form of agent errors. New agents need to know they are on their own in any success they will have and prospecting should be their highest priority which is totally on their shoulders to learn and initiate.

Advice to Management

Consider a more active role in the business growth of new agents. Their ability to hang on and generate business will diminish the need for such a dependance on recruiting.

Other Employee Reviews for Watson Realty Corp

1. "Didn't Waste My Time"

I worked at Watson Realty Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a good training program.

Cons

The broker did not show any support any of the new agents. The commission structure is a lot lower then other companies.

Advice to Management

To support their agents. I was only with Watson for a few months because there was not a support structure for their new agents.

"It is very nice working for a solid and respected company in the Real Estate Industry"

Current Employee - Realtor
    Current Employee - Realtor

Pros

Mr. Watson himself is amazing. He is an extremely kind person and you know he cares about his company and his people. He believes stronly in the brick and mortar format and we have the nicest offices in the real estate field. He doesn't charge his agents for their office space and we are not nickel and dimed for everything we use like many other companies.

Cons

Not much flexibility with commission structures such as being offered elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible with commission structures in order to compete with evolving companies. Not everyone wants to work from the office anymore and may not need all the extra perks.