Wawa - Fascinating | Glassdoor

"Fascinating"

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

Pros

I feel fortunate to have a career within this organization. The path is the one that you choose, not what others choose. If you ask for more work, you will receive more responsibility and will be expected to complete it timely and accurately. The ball is really in your court. You can be promoted from zero to hero within a few years and the sky is truly the limit. It is what you make of it. Drink the kool-aid, it's worth it.

Cons

Some weeks have too many hours. On the contrary, other weeks have less hours, it's all relative.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Try to become more involved in annual performance reviews to ensure consistency across the company. For example, AM #1 might put a lot of emphasis on gasoline areas while AM #2 might not even have that in the evaluation.

Other Employee Reviews for Wawa

"Sstisfying but not fulfilling"

Pros

I have worked at Wawa for 7 years. I like some of the local regular customers. I have worked at several stores and I generally like the people I work with and for. Once I was promoted to management I recieved a good pay raise.

Cons

The stores are usually in poor neighborhoods leading to some unsavory experiences. Very inconsistant with their teachings they definitely do not practice what they preach. A lot of favoritism and politics go into it. Who you know is crucial. Dead end if you are not apart of the in crowd. Load the work on you the higher up you go.

Advice to Management

Labor is a constant issue. too much to do too little time. Safer work conditions would be preferable.

2. "Interesting"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

Pros

Most of the other employees are very nice. The management was very understanding when I had to take a few days off from work especially since I was in high school when I started working here. The pay was better than average and they gave out raises for good performances.

Cons

Lots of rules governing everything an employee does. The customers are always in a hurry and therefore just want to get in and get out, but the management wants you to talk to them and give a friendly atmosphere to the store. High turnover rate within the company. The first day I got there a fellow employee told me not to overstay at Wawa, because "it will suck your soul out".

Advice to Management

I had 5 managers in a year in a half and it made it difficult to have or maintain any relationships with the higher-ups.