Wawa - Good company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wawa

"Good company to work for"

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

A lot of times they are understaffed due to salary budgets

Other Employee Reviews for Wawa

"Went from good to bad very quickly"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Sewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Sewell, NJ

I have been working at Wawa part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Wawa for almost 3 years and was promoted to Shift Manager very quickly. I made my aspirations for higher management clear and I have been training for the interview. Still making $9 an hour, even though I have been told I am one of the most invaluable workers they have at the store.
    They start you with OK pay - $8.50-$9/hour is competitive... for places hiring high school kids.
    Offer a wide variety of benefits and associate help programs.
    Weekly pay is a definite pro compared to bi-weekly from most other companies.
    Very regimented scheduling and staffed employees ensures associates as many hours as they can handle.

Cons

The shifts are terrible. You are limited to three options, one being overnights, and working a 38 hour work week while going to college makes me less than $300 a week.
    The company puts insurmountable amounts of stress on regular part time associates to do their job and do it well or else.
    The hiring process is very exclusive and very limited, therefore making it extremely difficult to request off whenever you want.
    They treat the Shift Managers like they are still the low workers on the totem pole.
    Though the potential to move up quickly is possible and I have seen it, there are still many others who work their hearts out only to be overlooked and under appreciated.
    Most of the benefits are only available to associates over the age of 21.

Advice to Management

Don't promise certain people that they will advance in the management rankings and then ignore or forget about them...
    I have put my heart and soul into my work at Wawa and feel under appreciated and unable to advance financially.

"A company with a family oriented feel."

Current Employee - General Manager in Smyrna, DE
    Current Employee - General Manager in Smyrna, DE

I have been working at Wawa full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities, Fantastic benefit package, competitive compensation packages, caring friendly atmosphere. Work/life balance focus, Employee ownership through the ESOP.

Cons

Long hours based on convenience to customers, open 24/7/365, on your feet all shift long, the job is not for everybody it's harder than it looks.

Advice to Management

Ensure development opportunities are presented to employees and they know thier options.