Wawa - Good company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wawa

"Good company to work for"

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

A lot of times they are understaffed due to salary budgets

Other Employee Reviews for Wawa

"Went from good to bad very quickly"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Sewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Sewell, NJ

I have been working at Wawa part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Wawa for almost 3 years and was promoted to Shift Manager very quickly. I made my aspirations for higher management clear and I have been training for the interview. Still making $9 an hour, even though I have been told I am one of the most invaluable workers they have at the store.
    They start you with OK pay - $8.50-$9/hour is competitive... for places hiring high school kids.
    Offer a wide variety of benefits and associate help programs.
    Weekly pay is a definite pro compared to bi-weekly from most other companies.
    Very regimented scheduling and staffed employees ensures associates as many hours as they can handle.

Cons

The shifts are terrible. You are limited to three options, one being overnights, and working a 38 hour work week while going to college makes me less than $300 a week.
    The company puts insurmountable amounts of stress on regular part time associates to do their job and do it well or else.
    The hiring process is very exclusive and very limited, therefore making it extremely difficult to request off whenever you want.
    They treat the Shift Managers like they are still the low workers on the totem pole.
    Though the potential to move up quickly is possible and I have seen it, there are still many others who work their hearts out only to be overlooked and under appreciated.
    Most of the benefits are only available to associates over the age of 21.

Advice to Management

Don't promise certain people that they will advance in the management rankings and then ignore or forget about them...
    I have put my heart and soul into my work at Wawa and feel under appreciated and unable to advance financially.

"More than a job, a very rewarding career!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Wawa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Variety of meaningful work
    Many challenges and opportunities to lead people
    Great pay, benefits, 401K and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
    Excellent advancement opportunities both in store operations and corporate offices
    Fantastic customers who care about us a company and as people
    Most leaders/managers are dynamic, creative, compassionate, servant in style

Cons

Some leaders aren't dynamic, creative, compassionate or servant in style
    Too many extra influences, add-on responsibilities and interruptions to the business that don't add value

Advice to Management

Don't be distracted by topics that aren't linked to strategy.
    Prioritize sub-set of strategies more effectively
    Stop looking at expense items (i.e. CSA pay, labor hours, store size) as only expenses. It costs $ to make $.