Wawa - Growth, Employee Ownership, and Community Focused | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wawa

"Growth, Employee Ownership, and Community Focused"

Current Employee - Fuel Associate in Wawa, PA
Current Employee - Fuel Associate in Wawa, PA

I have been working at Wawa full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is great to be part of a winning team. I have worked at a number of different companies and Wawa is amazing - you are an employee (associate), a shareholder through the ESOP, and a customer. Wawa truly does care about its customers, associates, and the communities it serves.

Cons

Wawa is Built to Last and not a place to join if you are hoping to get in on the ground floor of a startup and make a bundle when it goes public. Wawa is a 24x7 business, so only apply if you want to work hard. The rewards are worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep it going! Wawa is always moving forward.

Other Employee Reviews for Wawa

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Fresh Food Manager in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Fresh Food Manager in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Wawa full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you work hard there is room to move up.

Cons

manager dont alway have the best intentions

Advice to Management

have passion for your work and your company

"Good for Students, Not for Lifers"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Wawa part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Good starting pay, I was and continue to be the envy of my friends. I started $2 above minimum wage and for the first few years my raises were great but recently they've dwindled.
    -Work with your school schedule; I'd hand them my schedule and they would work with it.
    -If you have a good crew then your shift goes by fast and without hitches; but if it's a worthless group that can't do anything besides stand around then your work is cut out for you.

Cons

-Scheduling is horrible; there is no work-life balance unless you have a family. So, if you're single like me you're thrown on every late night shift and when asked for something else you're denied on the spot.
    -Shifts are run with skeleton crews; we constantly are working with two people on shift and can never get everything done.
    -Shift wars are common; day shift gets preferential treatment while other shifts are treated horribly by management and when asking the previous shift why something wasn't done you're given a snarky remark and told to deal with it.
    -Good luck getting your shift covered if you're sick; nobody will answer. I had swine flu one year and I still had to come in and would you look at that I spread it to three other people.
    -They're throwing more and more of a workload on the deli associates but not compensating appropriately or at least giving out the labor to put another person on for help. It's not exactly fun to bake bread while making ten sandwiches, five drinks, and you've got snacks and hot dogs beeping in your oven and nobody can help you.
    -oh and if you go out on disability you better be on top of that with HR because they will absolutely not hesitate to fire you without notice.

Advice to Management

Spend some real time behind the register or the deli with your associates to understand everyday operations. The AMs come in and only look at how clean you are or how your reports and labor or doing. The AMs used to do it but the company has shifted so much that it never happens anymore.