Wayne Homes - A family oriented team environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wayne Homes

"A family oriented team environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, OH

Pros

Very team oriented, morale is high. Everyone is treated equally. Nice incentives to work there. Okay benefits. Owners are very friendly and treat you well.

Cons

Not open to improvement. Long hours to get all the work done. Not a lot of room for advancement unless someone leaves, which is very rare.

Advice to Management

Keep the family oriented business going, keep your mind open when people ask for improvements.

Other Employee Reviews for Wayne Homes

1. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Wayne Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We help people design the home of their dreams. Every day is different. Every day creates a new challenge. Management motivates and supports employees to help them get better. Team atmosphere. Reasonable goals that are rewarded very well when achieved.

Cons

In my experience at Wayne Homes, I have not experienced anything negative or concerning that should be reviewed for improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your employees and giving your customers the quality, amazing homes you do.

"A Company With A Contradictory Culture"

Former Employee - New Home Consultant in Uniontown, OH
    Former Employee - New Home Consultant in Uniontown, OH

I worked at Wayne Homes (More than a year)

Pros

they do build a decent home, their models are updated, co-workers are generally nice and so is the physical work environment. Good for a customer who wants to build with them, but their management practices are bad for employees and a detriment to the company themselves.

Cons

This company possess a culture that looks good on the surface and how they publicly present themselves in a positive light but is terrible to work for. I would take their Northcoast 99 awards with a grain of salt. As an employee, I even completed the Northcoast 99 survey and a lot of the questions did not allow me to address the workplace issues that I had and many of the Glassdoor reviewers have stated in their reviews as well.

This organization puts on a front, a collective smile and sells their culture hard, but in the end does not deliver. They claim to give you proper training and the time to succeed but their management practices are so out of whack that is makes it not conducive to do so. Reviews are not given on time to help keep you on the right track. They have fired top producers as well. And if you leave or are terminated, they will cheat you out of your commissions and bonuses as well per the one-sided “contract” they make you sign as a condition of employment.

In my time at the organization I have never seen so much turnover in Sales, Sales Management, Field Managers & other departments as I have at this one. Given this, my review is not just about my experience at this company but of many others, other reviews will confirm this. Management positions are given to those who have no experience or knowledge of the profession but on perceived “skill sets”.

One reviewer indicated that racism is abound in the industry, it is at this company especially, I can count on one hand the number of minority employees of the near 200 that are employed here. Also sexism is abound here as well, most men here are treated as buffoons much like the media portrays them on television.

Another flaw of this organization is that it is very top-heavy in management. There are less than 30 people company-wide in a sales capacity with 13 people managing them from VPs to sales managers. And they yield only a single-digit increase in annual revenue and constant turnover? That is definitely a lack of ROI from management. I would avoid Wayne Homes and better invest my time, energy & well-being advancing my career with another company. This organization is simply too unstable to hang your hat and to try to be the best you can be.