Weather Channel - Sad to see what it's become | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Weather Channel

"Sad to see what it's become"

I have been working at Weather Channel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A recognizable brand on your resume. Other than that, unless you thrive on endless frustration, I can't think of anything else.

Cons

After working at TWC for a number of years, it has been disheartening to watch what was once a loved brand turn into a shell of it's former self. The recent upgrades to the look of the network are nothing more than window dressing, designed to obscure the rot and deplorable moral that has plagued the company for quite sometime. Dysfunction is the rule rather than the exception at TWC, with managers in charge of departments they know nothing about, and employees constantly in the dark as to the intentions of leadership. Speaking for the broadcast side of the company, departments that once worked together as a team are often at odds with one another, and meaningful communication from the higher ups is mostly nonexistent. We have an executive team that would rather spend their time in New York rather than the home base of Atlanta, and employees can't help but wonder if that might influence whatever moves they might make next. Overall, the atmosphere at TWC is grim and employees are always ready for a curve ball to be thrown our way. Not at all an enjoyable way to spend your working life.

Advice to Management

Make an effort to communicate and physically interact with your lowly employees from time to time. A pre produced quarterly informational TV show is no replacement for meaningful face to face time with reports. Also, it would be nice to have at least somewhat competent people in management positions.

Other Employee Reviews for Weather Channel

"Horrible. ......"

Pros

None, none none none none.

Cons

backstabbing culture. Executives are unprofessional and do not know how to perform their jobs. I honestly don't see how they are keeping the doors open. Don't walk from this company run.........

Advice to Management

none. You are the problem for having such a horrible environment

"Houston, we have a problem!!!"

I have been working at Weather Channel full-time

Pros

The brand name I the salaries are decent

Cons

Oh, God ... there isn't that much space to list the amount of dysfunction happening behind the revolving doors of TWC!!! I have been at TWC for 10 years. The work environment plummeted after NBC Bain Capital and Blackstone took over. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that the Emancipation Proclamation has been resended. The lack of people of color in upper management is disheartening. Managers are downright rude, uncaring and hell-bent on causing as much emotional pain as possible. David Kenny and his lackies are the worse kind of leaders (andI use that term loosely).

Going to HR is a waste of time ... they're all about the company. I am definitely looking to leave.

Advice to Management

A revamping from the top down. You should spend more time speaking with employees regarding their concerns and less about the bottom line.