Weatherford Laboratories - Weatherford Labs - Good place to work as long as that is all you want to do. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Weatherford Laboratories

"Weatherford Labs - Good place to work as long as that is all you want to do."

Current Employee - Core Hand - Technician in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Core Hand - Technician in Houston, TX

Pros

I do like working for the company - the people are great. The familiy feeling you get is hard to beat. We do work hard. When we get time - we play hard too.

Cons

When you get hired on - ESPECIALLY SALARIED POSITIONS - You are working 24-7. Your phone becomes a leash and you don't have a life away from the job. Asking for time off is - well - almost impossible. You get two weeks a year - why can't you use it? Asking for it is like sitting on pins and needles. Even when you get it - they try to make you stay and work instead. Management otherwise is pretty decent. Not sure the money is competitive.

Advice to Management

These people (most of them) that work for you are pretty die-hard.You already have our loyalty. It would be nice to get some more recognition for what we do and compensated appropriately (monetarily and vacation).

Other Employee Reviews for Weatherford Laboratories

1. "A perfect place for self improvement"

Current Employee - Chemist in Aktau (Kazakhstan)
    Current Employee - Chemist in Aktau (Kazakhstan)

I have been working at Weatherford Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The place i am working now is a really good place to start your carrer. You will be given some degree of freedom to choose or at least affect the activities you will be doing for the following weeks, months and etc. Since it is a small company there is less bureaucracy, and family like staff yet it is an international company. Salary paid without delay. Great place to accumulate experience.

Cons

It is 5/2 in Aktau. It is a con for me. I would prefer 14/14 or 28/28. No payment for over time. No other cons.

2. "Project Coordinator"

Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Weatherford Laboratories as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The company has room for oportunity and development at every level. The training and competency groups are well in place and dedicated to the employees

Cons

Due to the market uncertainty, the morale can be below average