Weaver Popcorn Company - Run for your life! | Glassdoor

"Run for your life!"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Van Buren, IN

I worked at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time

Pros

Pay. That’s it. Rather than fix problems, like ridiculous turnover, a hostile work environment, or political bs, they just pay more money, hoping some people will stay. I’ve NEVER worked for a place, that needed skilled Machine Operators so badly, but Not willing to train them! You are on your own! And veteran Operators have an awful attitude about it!

Cons

Everything else! The preach Safety, Quality, values. But all they really care about, is Production, and as it turns out- image. I got hurt, but they didn’t care about my health or safety. They just wanted to write me up & embarrass me for it. Not one person asked about my recovery. I was involved in a quality issue. Rather than actually solve the problem, in order to prevent similar problems in the future, all... the wanted to do, was pin SOMEONES name to the incident. For disciplinary purposes. It seems upper managements wants someone they can use to set an example. They didn’t actually care to hear about the solution to the problem. Unbelievable.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sand. You don’t want to know the truth about what’s going on out on the floor. One conversation went like this.. Manager “i asked everyone, and no one else saw that.” Me “I can’t help that. I’m telling you what I saw. I can’t control what anyone else sees, or is or isn’t afraid to report.” Manager “well no one else saw that, what’s that say about you?” Me “It tells me that I’M the only one... brave enough to be honest with you!” Manager -implies that I’m being dishonest. Me “If I was a manager, I’d want to know what’s going on out there! But hey, if you don’t want to know what’s going on, I’ll just stop coming to you. If you make yourself unapproachable, that’s Exactly what I’ll do.” And after that, it’s exactly what I did. I’ve never seen a company who’s management PREFERRED their head in the sand like that. Unbelievable.

Weaver Popcorn Company2018-10-19

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Material handler"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Weaver Popcorn Company

Pros

They work together and people are really nice

Cons

The job is far from where I am staying

Advice to Management

None they are doing great

Weaver Popcorn Company2018-08-29
  2. "Wake up! You let HIM go! Dumb."

Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate

I have been working at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are nice people to work with here and I was happy with seeing changes. Hired a knowledgeable guy that did more in a few months than what the current staff did in 5 years. Run. You have better options.

Cons

No direction. Intelligent people are fired. They fired the best programmer we had in years. You will get thrown under the bus and run over. I’m looking because I’m tired of the lies and the lies and the lies. You don’t get rid of good employees that do care and keep the ones that wanna be “one of the boys” or think they are important.

Advice to Management

Clean your house. You have a cancer that needs to be removed.

Weaver Popcorn Company2019-10-29

Discover more reviews about Weaver Popcorn Company.