WebMD Health - It's a good experience and a pretty good work work environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

"It's a good experience and a pretty good work work environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

For the most part, depending on who you work with, you work with great people which is really important. Work and life balance are very good. Overall, this can be a great career.

Cons

There are some communication gaps from the top down and limited career growth as of now. This may depend on what part of the company you work in. Change can be very slow and difficult as with most big companies. Salaries are competitive but you need to start high because pay increases and bonuses are very limited unless you are promoted. If you are a manager the person that reports to you can make more than you.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for fair compensation and good people who create a positive environment.

Other Employee Reviews for WebMD Health

1. "Challenging in a really constructive way"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Some of the smartest people I have ever worked with. I continue to learn from the people around me

Cons

Things changing so quickly there is little time to stop and reflect on the work you have done I just don't have the free time catch up with the work I have.

Advice to Management

Prune the priorities to maintain a realistic set of actions for the organization to accomplish

"I cried almost every night, knowing that I had to get up and go back to work in the morning."

Former Employee - Health Coach in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Health Coach in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Good pay, benefits; co-workers were friendly; opportunities to fit niche needs if you're fast enough on the ball; flexible with scheduling.

Cons

Boring, tedious days; only a step up from telemarketing because the product has already been sold and now you're just responsible for getting participants on board; QA was ridiculously subjective; quotas made working with clients feel impersonal and rushed (had to talk to X number of people per shift and not supposed to talk with anybody for longer than about 10 minutes at the most); overtime MANDATORY (generally not less than an additional 5 hours/week) for the majority of the 15 months I worked there due to not having enough coaching staff to cover the growth of the company (turnover rate is phenomenally high, with an average of half of every new hire cohort - about 20-30 people - gone by the 6-month mark); extremely limited opportunity for advancement; many people who advanced to specialty positions weren't qualified for their new jobs, but were advanced because they were "interested"; rapidly changing demands on coaches (workload, QA); most definitely a poor fit for anyone with a public health background, as the knowledge I used was basic nutrition/weight management/exercise/stress management type information rather than program planning/implementation, and therefore did nothing to build my skills or advance my career.

Advice to Management

Advance people based on qualifications rather than their wishes and interests; provide more opportunities to reward hard-working coaches and recognize them for the vital work they do for the company - especially the ones who only score average QA ratings, as they're the ones who need the encouragement and incentive not to flee the company.