WebMD Health - It's a Shame... | Glassdoor

"It's a Shame..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great brand, interesting work, great location in midtown, a lot of exceptional people, a good learning experience, pretty good salary and benefits

Cons

Bad management (really bad), chronic disconnect between NY and ATL. And over the last year or so, way too many secrets and lies. The new "leadership team" does little to inspire confidence.

Advice to Management

Retool for longterm growth and success, and invest in employees. Focus on core strengths, support tech advancement, and quit getting distracted by shiny objects.

Other Employee Reviews for WebMD Health

1. "Loved it!"

Former Intern - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WebMD Health as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of pros at WebMD. I would say the people, most of all, were absolutely wonderful. Everyone was so intelligent, friendly, and willing to help and share information. In addition, I would say they have wonderful company appreciation/holiday events. I liked the work I was able to do, but I think that relied mainly on my boss. She was great and really wanted the internship to be a worthwhile experience. I would say it definitely was and you should apply!

Cons

There was a lot of caution with new ideas. I think they could be more open to new ideas especially when competitors are doing and succeeding with them.

Advice to Management

Be more open to new ideas

"Great people, not-so-great management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are very good, taking crazy, half-baked ideas and creating reasonable products or services out of them.

Cons

Management had no long-term plans, always wanting to do the short-term fix with duct tape and baling wire, so they could meet Wall Street's expectations for the quarter.

Advice to Management

Look long and hard at the business, develop short- and long-term plans, and treat staff with respect.