WebMD Health - Uptight and rude | Glassdoor

"Uptight and rude"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WebMD Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some nice people and the pay was really good.

Cons

I was a contractor and they are not very nice to their contractors. They treat you very differently from everyone else. Think red-headed step child. They even had us wear a different color lanyard so they could tell us apart.

They would do things like have a Christmas "dirty santa" party and send an email to everyone telling about it, but at the end of the email it said something like "Full time permanent employees only." It reminded me of kids in a playhouse saying "No girls allowed". It was just very rude.

Also, they are not at all interested in hearing your ideas. They want someone who will keep their head down and do their work. Don't ever express any interest in working in another department of ways that the company might improve. They don't want to hear it. You are to know your place as a second class citizen if you are a contractor.

They acted like getting hired on permanently after being a contractor was like joining an elite club, but from the way they acted, it was a club that I did not want to be a part of.

Advice to Management

Treat contractors the same as everyone else or at least don't make it so obvious.

Other Employee Reviews for WebMD Health

"Great for the Resume, Bad for Everything Else"

Former Employee - Editor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Editor in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learned a lot from some very talented, passionate, and intelligent people; free bagels on Friday.

Cons

Sweatshop mentality; paranoia and disrespect are pervasive; if you work here, you are not happy. If you are happy, then you just put in your resignation notice.

Advice to Management

You desperately need to improve the corporate culture if you hope to retain the talent. Encourage (instead of discourage) interdepartmental relations. Show people that there is more than the assembly line of work --- that there is a reason to strive for better. Make procedural changes that take into account the actual people who will be implementing them! Address insubordination and disrespect.

2. "8 years with WebMD"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

nice people. nice office space.

Cons

pay is not the most competitive

Advice to Management

visibility and transparency