WebMD Health - Great people, inefficient processes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

"Great people, inefficient processes"

Current Employee - Sales Planner in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great community environment where the internal teams are always willing to offer a helping hand.

Cons

Teams are understaffed and need more support to manage all the accounts

Other Employee Reviews for WebMD Health

"Chance to branch out into on-line"

I worked at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Since the company is relatively small it is easy to get involved in multiple projects and learn from all departments instead of being locked into one area as you would in a larger company.

Overall a laid back company

Cons

Very cliquish, especially in management, to the point where work will not be done unless you are a friend of theirs. If you are not considered a favorite you will either be so miserable that you look for another job faster than you wanted to or you are one of the first to be laid off in their "consolidation" sweeps.

Advice to Management

Allow your employees to grow even if they are in management. Stop the cliques, business shouldn't be us vs them (especially between departments that need to work together).

"Good people...cheap snacks, free water."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really some of the best people I've worked with- energetic crew, good at their jobs, engaged and high morale until the 6 month mark or so. Excellent and well-known brand, a lot of people care about making things better. I've worked for the company for a long time and made my decision in spring- stayed till end of summer. No ill will on either part which was a nice situation- a lot of people have a caring approach and see employees as 'people'. Despite the slightly whiney/entitled rumors, the company pays very well and is quite generous at the onset. Once you are in the company, it's just standard COL increases. Company paid out bonuses on our worst year and has doubled the match 4/5 of years I was there.

Cons

Extremely concerning turnover at the executive level. I believe 8 executives exited or 'given another position' over the last year and a half. For an employer of our size, that is very disturbing and carries down into the departments. Managers lead through emotions and not true management- furthermore they are unwilling to get better, preferring to crouch in perceived perfection and play political games instead of standing up and admitting there is something wrong. Or give money to useless consultants.

Though the people are great for the most part, as a result of hiring more junior employees and having them report to untrained managers, there is a HUGE culture of entitlement and arrogance that borders on true comedy- what's worse are the untrained managers accidentally foster this culture and enable it.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is more of an anecdote:

Instead of worrying about what a former employee,(who didn't report into your department, and who you didn't say a word to during their resignation) posted on Facebook (which you found out second-hand, and apparently bothered you so much that you asked current employees to reach out to said employee to remove the offending post) maybe you should worry about the financials, the lack of talent in mobile, and 2014 planning? Just a thought.