Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming

Oct 26, 2020 - Remote Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Here are my top 10 favorite things about working at Webflow (in no particular order): 1. It's a real rocket ship story and I get to be on it. I worked at other startups that were fun but these numbers are scary impressive. In this bad economy I feel lucky to a place that isn't doing layoffs. 2. Most people are really really kind. My manager cares about me as a person and my teammates with are understanding even when I mess up. (we have some very negative people who are very loud but it's only a few grumpy people compared to all the really great people). 3. I get to work remote always and I'm pretty sure every job can do this (and this isn't a COVID thing, it's an always thing) 4. The perks are ridiculously good. When I tell my friends and family what we get mouths literally drop and people want to work here. What other company gives you almost $600 a month for remote office productivity and wellness? 5. Our leaders really listen. Every week they answer questions at our all hands meeting, they ask for feedback in a company survey, ask for feedback in weekly syncs, and more. And most companies wouldn't even do this but Webflow does and then I actually see changes and improvements to a lot of the things over time, especially related to helping disabled people and remote people follow along with things. Thanks for removing that noisy away channel from feedback! 6. I mentioned above most people are kind but some are not (and they are loud) and I'm so inspired to see how kind the responses are to these people. I'd want to roll my eyes at some of the requests and questions but they find a way to be tactful and fair and it's a good role modeling for me as I grow in my career. 7. The product is actually really cool and helping people create businesses- and we starting highlighting more customer impact recently so we get to see the real stories of how we are helping people. 8. The people ops team brings in great speakers like Ibram X Kendi and Kim Scott and we get to learn about things that matter from the people who wrote the book on them. I feel like I can learn whatever I need if I take advantage of all these opportunities. 9. Because we are growing a lot I am confident I will grow a lot too. Not just money and titles but also exposure to a growing business and on the job learning which excites me more. 10. Last but probably most important is that I really believe in our mission. It feels like I can work for a for profit company and still do real good in the world. We can actually improve the world and its economy for so many people who can't code and I am just happy to be here on that journey with you all.

Cons

I don't have 10 cons, but I can think of 3: 1. We have an ambitious mission and vision and it's a lot to do to get there. Someone we say yes to too many things and then people feel overloaded (like me). And as a result (see #2 and #3) 2. Sometimes it feels like work piles up on my plate. I really like the work I'm doing and it's easy to get sucked in and work longer hours. No one is requiring me to work longer hours and my manager tries to help me prioritize but because I believe in #1 and I know we're hiring people I still end up working more than I should. I hope this is temporary (so this is kind of on me). 3. We say yes to so many things and people that some things are confusing- like all the people who use Dropbox Paper vs. Google Docs and then I don't know where anything is. We need a better flow of information.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful

VP People

Wow, thanks for making my Monday! I am thrilled to learn that the pros outweigh the cons for you, and we are certainly working on the areas you listed as cons. I'd encourage you to connect with your manager and the People team to provide more direct input on flow of information and what works best for you as that's certainly something we are investing in for 2021 as we know there is a lot of information flowing in multiple channels.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Real Deal

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten the opportunity to join Webflow. This company is on a rocket ship but is taking the time to scale intentionally. Webflow truly cares about their employees and I feel honored to be part of the story.

Cons

Not really a con, but lots of rapid growth and change.

1 person found this review helpful

VP People

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're right there with you, lots of growth and change is both exciting and challenging, and we're glad you see that we are moving as *intentionally* fast as we can without sacrificing the care. We're honored you're a part of the story too!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dream job

Jan 27, 2021 - N/A
    Business Outlook

Pros

Humility runs deep in the leadership which makes an obvious impact. The company benefits show that they don't just say they care for you but show they care for you. It is a positive and inclusive environment that spurs hard work and creativity.

Cons

Lofty goals and remote culture makes you need to create boundaries around work life balance.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful

VP People

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'm so thrilled to know you appreciate our benefits, and can 100% empathize with how you frame the cons. We are working on some very lofty goals this year with a team in many time zones. If you ever need support on setting boundaries around work hours, I encourage you to chat with your People Business Partner, your direct manager, or connect with Bravely! Thanks again for the kind of feedback that makes me smile 🙌🏽.

Discover more reviews about Webflow.