Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming

Oct 26, 2020 - Remote Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Here are my top 10 favorite things about working at Webflow (in no particular order): 1. It's a real rocket ship story and I get to be on it. I worked at other startups that were fun but these numbers are scary impressive. In this bad economy I feel lucky to a place that isn't doing layoffs. 2. Most people are really really kind. My manager cares about me as a person and my teammates with are understanding even when I mess up. (we have some very negative people who are very loud but it's only a few grumpy people compared to all the really great people). 3. I get to work remote always and I'm pretty sure every job can do this (and this isn't a COVID thing, it's an always thing) 4. The perks are ridiculously good. When I tell my friends and family what we get mouths literally drop and people want to work here. What other company gives you almost $600 a month for remote office productivity and wellness? 5. Our leaders really listen. Every week they answer questions at our all hands meeting, they ask for feedback in a company survey, ask for feedback in weekly syncs, and more. And most companies wouldn't even do this but Webflow does and then I actually see changes and improvements to a lot of the things over time, especially related to helping disabled people and remote people follow along with things. Thanks for removing that noisy away channel from feedback! 6. I mentioned above most people are kind but some are not (and they are loud) and I'm so inspired to see how kind the responses are to these people. I'd want to roll my eyes at some of the requests and questions but they find a way to be tactful and fair and it's a good role modeling for me as I grow in my career. 7. The product is actually really cool and helping people create businesses- and we starting highlighting more customer impact recently so we get to see the real stories of how we are helping people. 8. The people ops team brings in great speakers like Ibram X Kendi and Kim Scott and we get to learn about things that matter from the people who wrote the book on them. I feel like I can learn whatever I need if I take advantage of all these opportunities. 9. Because we are growing a lot I am confident I will grow a lot too. Not just money and titles but also exposure to a growing business and on the job learning which excites me more. 10. Last but probably most important is that I really believe in our mission. It feels like I can work for a for profit company and still do real good in the world. We can actually improve the world and its economy for so many people who can't code and I am just happy to be here on that journey with you all.

Cons

I don't have 10 cons, but I can think of 3: 1. We have an ambitious mission and vision and it's a lot to do to get there. Someone we say yes to too many things and then people feel overloaded (like me). And as a result (see #2 and #3) 2. Sometimes it feels like work piles up on my plate. I really like the work I'm doing and it's easy to get sucked in and work longer hours. No one is requiring me to work longer hours and my manager tries to help me prioritize but because I believe in #1 and I know we're hiring people I still end up working more than I should. I hope this is temporary (so this is kind of on me). 3. We say yes to so many things and people that some things are confusing- like all the people who use Dropbox Paper vs. Google Docs and then I don't know where anything is. We need a better flow of information.

15 people found this review helpful

VP People

Wow, thanks for making my Monday! I am thrilled to learn that the pros outweigh the cons for you, and we are certainly working on the areas you listed as cons. I'd encourage you to connect with your manager and the People team to provide more direct input on flow of information and what works best for you as that's certainly something we are investing in for 2021 as we know there is a lot of information flowing in multiple channels.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Caring company with awesome mission and benefits

Mar 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits & pay, flexible schedule, team is super supportive

Cons

it's growing so quickly that sometimes it's hard to connect with the right folks

1 person found this review helpful

Webflow Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such kind feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that you find the culture we've created and the benefits we offer to be in line with our mission of helping our team members live fulfilling, impactful lives, both inside and outside of work. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at satisfaction@webflow.com.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job i've ever had

Oct 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my almost decade of experience working at tech companies of all sizes and flavors, I have never had it better than I do here at Webflow. When it comes to a supportive environment, salary and benefits, an amazing manager or the incredible teammates I get to work with on a daily basis, this is a fantastic place to work. We have career pathways and internal mobility programs to make sure you can grow your career. We're a very well treated bunch and I love my job. Thank you for this opportunity.

Cons

It's a startup in hypergrowth and as such, things are constantly changing. This isn't for everyone and that is ok. We have been experiencing some growing pains as we've scaled rather quickly and the culture changes over time. There's some thrash, there's some burnout but I never feel like i'm replaceable or like I am just an employee, ever. Webflow is the one company that's truly made me feel like I can be a human at work and take time to do human things without putting my career at risk.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Webflow Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We love hearing this type of feedback! Our people are what make Webflow such a special place to work, and we believe that great talent deserves great benefits and compensation. We’re so glad to hear that you see the value in the culture we’re working to create and the benefits we provide. With regard to setting clear and consistent business goals and guidelines, this is a process we are continuing to iterate on, and we are currently making investments at the leadership level to help refine our planning and strategy. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at satisfaction@webflow.com.

Discover more reviews about Webflow.