WebiMax - No Motivation | Glassdoor

"No Motivation"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is generally low-key. By that I mean the dress code is essentially nonexistent and there are occasional parties.

Cons

Nobody has any idea what they're doing. You're criticized for thinking outside the box. Emphasis is exclusively on quantity; never quality. Mobility is minimal and based entirely on friendships rather than expertise. Tactics are completely experimental - nobody takes the time to test theories; they throw clients in head-first before knowing if the strategy works. The only form of accountability is the blame game.

Advice to Management

Actually pay attention to what's going on in your company.

Other Employee Reviews for WebiMax

"Steer clear of this place."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. At times, the place was too laid back to the point where certain people didn't respect the space/privacy of other individuals.

Cons

Laid back atmosphere. Compensation is poor. Training is basically non-existent. There is a definite core group of the owner's pets, and the positions those people hold are handed out based on friendship and not on competence at completing assigned duties.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "old boys' (and girls') club, and put people in management positions who understand and are qualified for their roles. For instance, appointing someone to head the Human Resources Department who has no Human Resources training, is not the way to instill confidence in your employees.

"Okay work environment, poor pay, awful service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

As the first real full time job I had, it was a pretty good starting point. It was decently low pressure, PTO was easy to get approved, and my co-workers were all young like me, so the environment was pretty great. There appeared to be a lot of room for advancement (see below). There were also a lot of breaks, which was very helpful whenever I would be working on a particularly difficult project and need a cigarette.

Cons

While it appeared to be a lot of room for advancement, it was a facade. I wasn't being paid too well, and it seemed as though there was something blocking me from getting a promotion. All I could see in my way was a manager's attention toward some of the more attractive employees. I'm not saying anything inappropriate was occurring, but there did seem to be a large favoritism that was based on how much attention key players received rather than the work being performed. I also didn't appreciate being asked to give a review online of my experience working there that was "honest but makes us look good." While I totally understand that there were a lot of disgruntled former employees that had been fired flaming the company, much like any other company, I felt deeply uncomfortable with being asked to do that. I later went on to work at a different SEO company. I was given more reasonable duties, better pay and felt my work was recognized, unlike at this company. I also don't like that I was often told to only do a certain amount of work for the clients based on what they paid the company rather than caring what results they received. If they continue to run their company in this manner, they will lose all of their clients. No company wants to pay for new to the scene inbound marketers with no SEO experience to figure out what doesn't work; they want to pay for the results the sales team promised them.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Looking over shoulders to catch them doing something wrong stunts creativity. I would also treat your clients better. When they pay for links, don't stop after an hour because it's "what they paid for." Stop when they get the RESULTS they paid for. It may also help to find managers that work directly with lower employees that work well with others and are more knowledgeable in the field rather than worked at the company a certain amount of time. Also, please listen to employees when they complain, especially when several in a row complain about the same thing. It's not a conspiracy; it's a problem.

WebiMax Response

Feb 25, 2014 – PR Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee, Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We pride ourselves on having a fun and casual work environment. At the same time, we have very high ... More