WeddingWire - Work hard, play hard! | Glassdoor

"Work hard, play hard!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chevy Chase, MD
Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A continuously fast growing company with values and management styles that attract the young professional demographic. Institutes a “work hard, play hard” mentality. If you’re a good fit for the company, they have a position for you (even if that means creating a position). Very flexible with PTO and strives to maintain a positive and fun work environment. Vast opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

Requires employees who are self-sufficient, goal oriented, self-motivated, and adapt quickly to a high stress environment. If you lack organizational skills, be very open to improvement!

Other Employee Reviews for WeddingWire

1. "Excited to come to work each day!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- extremely flexible environment. Includes everything from paid time off, long lunches, working from home, etc. If you're in sales, as long as you hit your numbers, that's pretty much all that matters.
    - very hands-off management style. Never feel micro-managed but all managers/directors/exec team are very visible and approachable.
    - Along the same lines, the exec team is awesome and so engaged in every day life around the office. Tim is seen in the cafe just hanging out on a regular basis and I feel like I could go talk to Lee about anything at any time.
    - I feel my talent genuinely valued. Management always recognizes the efforts and accomplishments of their employees. Never feel like they take me for granted.
    - such a fun place to work. the actual day-to-day of WeddingWire is unlike anywhere else. We have parties for any and every reason (Mardi Gras, Baseball Opening Day) and the office is always bright, exciting, and positive.
    - very transparent sales structure. easy to keep track of how you are doing in comparison to others
    - excellent product. Our development team is exceptional and constantly on the forefront of what's next. Makes it very easy to sell a product that is so far above our competitors

Cons

- it is a newer company and as we grow at a rapid pace, rules are ALWAYS changing. Hard to keep track when a policy was different 1 month ago
    - we're already outgrowing this space (and we just moved!) Meetings are often filled to capacity and even the last all hands meeting in the cafe was too small for all our employees.
    - training on new product rollouts leaves a bit to be desired.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I work hard because I genuinely want WeddingWire to do well and I love coming to work every day. You've created not only an excellent product that I am proud to sell but also a work environment that fosters talent and makes me feel appreciated everyday.

2. "Fast paced, upbeat, and thriving! WeddingWire is the HOTTEST tech company to work for in the DC metro area."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The corporate culture is unlike any other company; work hard/play hard mentality is highly encouraged by the executive team. Each employee feels incredibly valued and at the end of the day, there is a mutual understanding that everyone is working together toward one common goal. Fabulous perks: unlimited vacation days, health benefits, travel stipend, bonus incentives/all-inclusive vacations (for sales team), happy hours, company parties, fun and casual work environment.

Cons

Since the company is growing and changing at such an incredibly rapid pace, sometimes it can be a challenge to keep up with the ever changing rules & regulations and new releases of website tools & features.

Advice to Management

Stay hungry! Never stop playing like Wayne...."A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be." - Wayne Gretzky