WeddingWire - Best Career Decision I Have Ever Made | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WeddingWire

"Best Career Decision I Have Ever Made"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chevy Chase, MD
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WeddingWire goes to extreme lengths to make sure the people they bring on staff are of the highest class and talent. Everyone is passionate about the product we are providing. From a sales perspective, you go into every call knowing you are hands down selling the best product in the industry. The bonuses are amazing and extremely generous. If you work hard, you will reap many, many rewards.

Cons

Structure and rules can change quickly as we adapt to new products and growth.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring self-motivated individuals and work to maintain the amazing company culture as we grow.

Other Employee Reviews for WeddingWire

"Don't let the laid back environment fool you!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual environment, unlimited time off, great co-workers and really amazing work social scene.

Cons

It's a about territory on the sales side. They play favorites a lot. If they put you in a market that the company hasn't even done a networking night for good luck. They tend to visit larger cities a lot more and the reps there do amazing. They have no interest in developing/ helping out the smaller market people. They will fire you and find someone else to try and sell there. Historically when that new person doesn't sell, they fire them too. Very high turnover rate if your market is bad. Be sure to check sales force and see how many reps before you were calling into a market. If they aren't employeed there anymore you have a bad market.

Advice to Management

Stop saying that its the reps fault all the time. Management knows that certain regions are not good, but they continue to breeze over the fact that marketing doesn't do enough for the smaller cities.

WeddingWire Response

Oct 17, 2014 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We have done our research and we are very proud to admit that we have a strong retention rate. We have a Sales Development Team that works directly with our Sales Team to... More

2. "Working Smart at WeddingWire and Loving it!"

Current Employee - On the Product Development Team in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - On the Product Development Team in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Creative, fun environment to work at - truly excited to come to work everyday
    Work-life balance - Have always felt like I'm able to maintain a great work-life balance while still working in a fast passed environment.
    Opportunities galore! If you want to be involved in something just speak up and get involved
    Professional development - provides funds to attend workshops and conventions in the DC area. Internally, WeddingWire is always holding events for professional development like our Speaker Series where leaders in the tech industry come in to speak about their experience
    Great benefits - lots of catered meals, unlimited PTO, reward trips, new office with great space and layout

Cons

Company is definitely young which can result in a limited number of valuable mentors
    Isn't as involved in the DC Start-up/Tech community as it could be - have to be a go-getter to get involved in tech outside of WeddingWire