Wegmans Food Markets - This isn't that great of a place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

"This isn't that great of a place to work"

Current Employee - Cashier in Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Cashier in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a cashier the pros are that there are cool co-workers, flexible shedules, easy to take of time for vacations etc. , they allow tattoos, piercings at least at the store I work at... That's about it for the pros

Cons

The management really isn't that great because they switch mangers at least once a year so it's not consistent at all, their really strict about breaks and sometimes if you don't remind them you won't get one at all. It's busy all the time so your constantly swamped with a long line. It's VERY hard to switch departments because you constantly have to remind your manger. Overall being a cashier at wegmans sucks and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I was in a different department but yet I'm still stuck as a cashier and I've been working there for 3 years! It

Advice to Management

Get a clue and listen to your employees more

Other Employee Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

"Fun, people-oriented place to work"

Former Employee - Service Team Leader in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Service Team Leader in Fredericksburg, VA

Pros

The pay was good for the work, with consistent raises. They are willing to work with your school schedule. They really do care about educating their employees and affecting the community.

Cons

As with all retail, you must work holidays and weekends frequently. Some customers can be a pain, but again, that's with all retail..

Advice to Management

Keep cultivating talent from within! It's one of Wegman's greatest strengths. Also, make a greater effort to reward your employees with time off during the holidays when possible.

"Would have been a great career start, but couldn't deal with how certain people made my life misrable."

Former Employee - Service Team Leader in Manalapan, NJ
    Former Employee - Service Team Leader in Manalapan, NJ

Pros

Competetive pay. Excellent benefits, lots of info, very high standards.
    Holiday pay, over time pay, etc. Large company so you can move around.

Cons

My only problem was a very big one- my direct supervisor had been there for years and favored certain people. The store mgr (no longer there), sided with her on everything. As the newbie, I simply burnt out from the squeeze.
    Spent a lot of time trying to catch up on work off the clock thanklessly.

Advice to Management

Consider the fresh perspective that walks through your door. It may not be wrong just becasue its different.