Wegmans Food Markets - Overall good company | Glassdoor

"Overall good company"

Current Employee - Meat Customer Service in Hornell, NY
Current Employee - Meat Customer Service in Hornell, NY

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is lots of room to move around in the company. They are opening store in a lot of different states and have lot of jobs in them. They have relativity good pay for a part time job. Started out at minimum wage and get raises every six months. The company has good values and goals and does a good job of living by them.

Cons

Hard to go full time. I worked in one of the smaller stores in the company and smaller departments in the store and at time it was hard to get time off. It is just like every other retail business you are going to work nights and weekends. Communication breaks down sometimes between management and part time help.

Advice to Management

Communication needs improvement. The pay is nice ($0.25 raise every six months.) Also would be nice to see the coupons that are given out when achievements are made go back to being anything in the store not just the produce department.

Other Employee Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

1. "Great HS Job"

Former Employee - Dairy Customer Service in Downingtown, PA
    Former Employee - Dairy Customer Service in Downingtown, PA

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet a diverse group of people, easy work, low-stress, great company values, many outside opportunities, employee appreciate days, great benefits (scholarships, etc.), management will listen to your concerns

Cons

Job enjoyment depends on department, management sometimes responsible for too many people to keep track of, feel smarter than management sometimes,

Advice to Management

Did a good job identifying exceptional employees, more management needed, store was about 700 employees.

"Good company, but yet still lacking"

Current Employee - Bakery Customer Service in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Bakery Customer Service in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy most of the employees hired. Everyone is friendly and really conform to the "Who We Are" valued instilled in us since we were hired.

Quality is a huge reason why customers shop. It's a huge reason why I particularly like working there knowing that our customers are going to get the very best.

Cons

Management seems to lack some of those values that drive our company, but holds everyone else to them. It's almost like a double standard.

They hire some of the most unknowledgeable employees to be Team Leaders of an area. Some have no people skills, no idea how the particular area works or may not even care to learn.

They don't seen to care about developing their employees much to give them an opportunity to move up in the company, especially if it's their hardest best worker.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to feel empowered to make more choices for themselves without the fear of backlash. Let those who have a desire to learn and train to move up and make the company better as a whole then holding them back because it makes you look better.