Weight Watchers - Receptionist, weigh-er and location coordinator at various locations | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers

"Receptionist, weigh-er and location coordinator at various locations"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Appleton, WI
Former Employee - Receptionist in Appleton, WI

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The experience of helping members through the weight loss journey is very rewarding. To cheer them on in their successes and support them in their struggles was a key factor in my job satisfaction.

Cons

Staff are expected to carry change with them at all times to facilitate the meeting transactions. A company the size of Weight Watchers should be able to find a better solution than putting this burden on employees. Staffing is sporadic as it is driven by member attendance, making it difficult to have a consistent schedule.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to how the staff are supporting the members instead of focusing on product sales.

Other Employee Reviews for Weight Watchers

"Mixed experience."

Former Employee - Service Provider in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Service Provider in Oakland, CA

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with members to help them achieve their goals. Opportunity to make dynamic and fun presentations. Excellent evaluation methodology and above average training.

Cons

Difficult to get enough hours to qualify for benefits. Although I wanted Weight Watchers to be full time work, known by management, I was not assigned sufficient meetings. Upper management treats staff disrespectfully: instead of treating us as professionals entitled to a salary with additional commissions for product sales, we received only a minimum wage equivalent (paid a minimal amount per meeting worked) plus additional sums based on attendance and product sales.

Advice to Management

Service providers treating employment with Weight Watchers as a career should be paid a respectable salary with commission for product sales added on.

"Absolutely the worst Company to work for"

Former Employee - Receptionist/Data Entry in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Receptionist/Data Entry in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work / Life Balance was good

Cons

Simply put Weight Watchers is all about statistic, tons of paperwork to fill out and submit. I was only paid for scheduled time that was allotted. If I ran overtime it was my time. When the company needed you in before the doors open again it was my time not theirs. Weight Watchers only paid for scheduled time to accomplish your duties. Pyramid Scheme