Weight Watchers - Great Experience | Glassdoor

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great learning environment, forgiving brand, technology forward, online is a respected part of the business.

Cons

Working with only one brand can get monotonous.

Other Employee Reviews for Weight Watchers

"Sad Saga"

Current Employee - Leader/Receptionist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Leader/Receptionist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WW employees like their jobs, we believe in the program

Cons

Employees are treated poorly. There is no seniority. A new employee could walk in and take your position with no explanation. Constantly losing meetings instead of gaining meetings. They won't give you enough hours to get benefits, and it seems that there is no overseeing of the territory managers to see how they treat their employees. They only watch the "numbers."

Advice to Management

If you would treat your employees well, they would work so much better for the company. Happy employees makes for a prosperous company.

"Love The Work. But Can't Make It Work As A Single-Income Household."

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Support with maintaining weight. Accountability. Walking the talk. Everyone who works in the Weight Watchers meeting room is a Weight Watchers member and success story. Great co-workers. Flexible hours. Ability to give back. Discount on all Weight Watchers products.

Cons

Low pay. More and more is being required in terms of time and commitment, yet most employees are part-time. In order to take time off, paid or not, employee must find his or her own replacement.

Advice to Management

it is not possible to support myself as a single woman working full-time for Weight Watchers and living in an urban environment. That makes me sad. Also, employees who have been with Weight Watchers many, many years receive the same base pay as someone just beginning. This seems grossly unfair. What is being asked of late in terms of time and commitment feels incongruent to the part-time nature of this job. I have spoken to many of my colleagues and we agree, it is hard to stay on top of things. We often question what the priority is because so much is being presented to us at once.