Weight Watchers - Flexible hours doing something that makes a difference in people's lives | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers

"Flexible hours doing something that makes a difference in people's lives"

Former Employee - WW Receptionist in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - WW Receptionist in Seattle, WA

Pros

You play a part in improving people's lives physically and psychologically. If you are struggling with weight issues yourself, there is great support to mange your own weight.

Cons

If you need time off, you have to find your own sub. Management not always helpful. It did not always seem fair about how classes were assigned.

Advice to Management

Having worked for WW for years, it seemed like there was a shift in the more recent years from being mostly about helping people lose weight to pushing products to make more money for the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Weight Watchers

"We treat members well , but not employees"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Washington, DC

Pros

Busy meetings, opportunity for good pay, however two tier payscale. Flexible hours, nice co-workers. Members make you feel good for helping them.

Cons

If you can't work you have to find your own sub for a meeting which can be very difficult to do. We are psychologists and life coaches for our members with very low pay for the tasks we perform.

Advice to Management

Pay us to compensate for the immense responsibility we have as the "face" of WW. Make us truly feel like members first. Let us put in for days off and management finds subs.

"Barbaric Pay and Unkind Territory management"

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Helping members achieve their weight loss goals. It helps to keep presentation and meeting facility skills fresh.

Cons

Very low pay. Basically you receive a flat rate for prepping, leading, after-meeting paperwork, bank deposits, inventory management, contacting members during the week, sending motivational post cards, ... the list goes on. Field management is unsympathic and expects contract workers (that's everyone who interfaces with the members) to give 200%. The pay was not fully explained during the hiring process; it was glossed over and represented as being paid the flat rate for a "hour to an hour-and-a-half meeting." That's about 50% of the job effort and most meetings require 2-hours. I figure that I earn minimum wage when all of the hours are taken into account.

Advice to Management

Listen to the feet on the street ... this is where the rubber meets the road ... your leaders and receptionists are the face of Weight Watchers ... the faces I see aren't happy. At some point, this strategy will fail. The problem starts at the top.