Welcome Wagon - You can't beat the flexibility | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Welcome Wagon

"You can't beat the flexibility"

Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Community Marketing Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Welcome Wagon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great manager.
- Nice sales team of CME's-- very helpful team.
- The most flexible schedule EVER!
- Nice product to sell.
- Great brand name - most people know what Welcome Wagon is (it sells itself at times!).
- Wonderful internal sales support team-- they are all positive and helpful.
- Great marketing sales materials of high quality and usefulness.

Cons

- No base salary.
- You don't get book samples unless you beg for them.
- Sometimes a delay in getting contracts/proofs turned around.
- Expense coverage not the best. It's tied to sales performance and when you're getting started, you really live and grow your territory on your own money. It's like having your own company.

Advice to Management

- Please put a base salary (not a draw situation) in place-- especially for newbies!
- Invest more in online infrastructure (e.g. electronic contracts are a must have and we don't have!).

Other Employee Reviews for Welcome Wagon

"New Owners should be ashamed of themselves!"

Former Employee - Community Marketing Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Community Marketing Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Welcome Wagon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ONLY good thing about WW is that the schedule is very flexible.

Cons

NO BASE Salary. While the schedule is flexible, their expectations are out of line with this so called flexible schedule. Cannot earn a decent living without putting in tons of hours, AND putting out all travel expenditures....their so-called reimbursement is totally based on production, not on efforts, so you better be prepared foot the bill while you are trying to get this business off the ground.

ALSO, so many companies HATE WW, because their experience is that IT DOES NOT WORK, is way too expensive for the number of people the program hits....lots of other products will give you more bang for your buck, especially in this economy.

Clients, BEWARE! If you don't remember to give the company notice to NOT RENEW, you will be sucked in for another year AND reps are told flat out to not contact you around that time! VERY UNDERHANDED and horrible way to do business. The original Welcome Wagon Company had morals, values...this new so called leadership has NONE!

So, if you have a conscious, and want to maintain healthy relationships with clients around where you live, sell another product, at another company! Otherwise, when people see you coming, they will try to avoid you!

Advice to Management

RETHINK the way you do your business....Shameful!

"Flawed sales process, difficult to overcome previous bad experience of former advertisers."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Worked from home, managed my time and territory as I saw fit. My area manager is one of the nicest people I have ever worked for. If it was not for him, I would not have stuck it out. He was always very up beat and positive. Did great conference calls every Monday am. As well as a great Voice Mail broadcast every week on Wednesday - Hump day. Would definitely work for him or with him again at another business.

Cons

Poor sales process. NO assessment of needs of prospects covered in training. Training consisted of 5 days to learn how to present their powerpoint, and do paperwork. Just the assumption that if they had 5 minutes you could convince them that the new mover they were targeting was an excellent prospect that any business should pay top dollar to reach. Which may be the case, however it definitely needs more of a set up to firm that up in the prospects mind. No base of business to live off of, spent a LOT of time cold calling in person and on the phone. Large territory to cover 5 of their book areas.

Advice to Management

The owner of the company at the time I worked there MOVE, Inc. sold the company shortly after I was downsized. No idea how the new owners or current management run things. My manager is still there as are two of the Account Reps that were in my territory.