WellCare - Great Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

Pros

If you apply your-self, Wellcare can be a great place to work. There are great benefits and many opportunities to make a name for your-self. The benefits are great, and depending on how much you give to Wellcare and how reasonable your manager is, you can have pretty flexible hours.

Cons

Some Micro management
Bad cross communication

Advice to Management

Learn to balance your own life before asking your employee's to give of themselves more. Some of us have families, so when I'm giving 9-10hrs a day, and you ask for more, then you're going to get less out of me.
Learn to be approachable and personable (get some social skills).
Learn that weekends are for recouping, so that Monday we come back stronger.
Learn to communicate better and with less words (when i want to leave, i don't want to spend 15mins about how you were right and the others aren't).
Learn to trust your associates. If after 2 years you have to tell me exactly every little detail of how to do my job, then either you are paying me too much or you have trust issues.

LEARN TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH, TAKE A STEP BACK, AND RE EXAMINE YOUR PRIORITIES. NO ONE IS DYING AND YOU ARE NOT LOSING YOUR JOB.

Other Employee Reviews for WellCare

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Full of Incompetent Management in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Full of Incompetent Management in Tampa, FL

Pros

Competitive pay, good benefits that's it!

Cons

Lack of communication, incompetent management, no work/life balance. WORSE job I have ever had, cant wait to leave!

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees and their job duties!

"It was great during the first 2 years... I'm on my third and I'm looking for an opportunity elsewhere."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

They offer good benefits than other corporations.

Cons

The annual focal point is unfair. "They expect the nurse to do the surgery, so to speak".

Advice to Management

Provide a justifiable annual review where the lowest associates are treated with respect. My team did not qualify for the "exceeded expectation" rating even with flying metrics because we do not handle emergency issues (something that is beyond our scope).