WellCare - Learn what you can and find another job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WellCare

"Learn what you can and find another job"

Former Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WellCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The salary and flexibility for some positions

Cons

no career advancement path or tuition reimbursement

Advice to Management

Allow employees to provide feedback and listen

Other Employee Reviews for WellCare

"Morale is AWFUL!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Competitive salary, decent benefits. Pay is among the top in the area, but don't expect much in terms of raises or promotions. Bonuses are good as well. There is a nice gym. That's it.

Cons

Poorly managed. Leadership is severely lacking. There is more backbiting and finger-pointing than team-building. Everyone feels like they are in the dark. Wellcare's has no choice but to pay a competitive salary because it's one of the only benefits of working there. Problem is, retention is very low. Most of the people I work with see no future at Wellcare and are only waiting for a better opportunity to come along before they jump ship. There is no opportunity for growth because promotions are based on who you know and not what you know. In a better economy, Wellcare will see an exodus of employees. The low morale is infectious. I'm guessing even Tony Robbins would be frustrated working here.

Advice to Management

Guess what...YOU are the problem! Log onto glassdoor.com and read the reviews about your company. They've been negative for YEARS! Do something about it and stop insulting everyone's intelligence by giving the impression that serious issues don't exist. Get down off your high horses and address the elephant in the room! Graphs and pie charts about quarterly growth mean little to the guy who's slaving away to get you there, but still isn't sure where his future with the company stands. Poll your employees and ask them what they really think.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

Pros

If you apply your-self, Wellcare can be a great place to work. There are great benefits and many opportunities to make a name for your-self. The benefits are great, and depending on how much you give to Wellcare and how reasonable your manager is, you can have pretty flexible hours.

Cons

Some Micro management
    Bad cross communication

Advice to Management

Learn to balance your own life before asking your employee's to give of themselves more. Some of us have families, so when I'm giving 9-10hrs a day, and you ask for more, then you're going to get less out of me.
    Learn to be approachable and personable (get some social skills).
    Learn that weekends are for recouping, so that Monday we come back stronger.
    Learn to communicate better and with less words (when i want to leave, i don't want to spend 15mins about how you were right and the others aren't).
    Learn to trust your associates. If after 2 years you have to tell me exactly every little detail of how to do my job, then either you are paying me too much or you have trust issues.

LEARN TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH, TAKE A STEP BACK, AND RE EXAMINE YOUR PRIORITIES. NO ONE IS DYING AND YOU ARE NOT LOSING YOUR JOB.