WellCare - Misled | Glassdoor

"Misled"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good... PTO is ok, if you ever get a chance to use it!

Cons

Work not at all challenging. Day spent staring into space waiting for slow systems to run. No independence or ownership of work. Told often to just do something because that's what was done before. No one understands what they're doing in my department, because they just continue to do what others before them have done. I was led to believe that my position would be analytical when in fact it is the farthest thing from it. I left a REALLY good job because of the false description of this position. And now I can't wait to get out of here. I also feel like a child working here, email and social media are blocked, you almost have to beg to work from home (which they deny), they consider flexible scheduling as choosing b/n working 8-5 or 9-6 (not at all what I would consider flexibilty) and my dept expects everyone to be at their desks at all times (even though I have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do for 7.5 hours out of my 8 hour day). I feel like I asked alot of questions at my interview to decipher if it would be a good fit (since I was completely happy with my previous employment) and feel like i was misled into signing on. Not at all surprised at the high turnover rate. If I can't lie about my qualifications, an employer shouldn't lie about job expectations.

Advice to Management

Make job expectations clear & be honest because you only waste time & money having to replace people who are unhappy about doing a job they didn't sign up for.

Other Employee Reviews for WellCare

1. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in North Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in North Haven, CT

I worked at WellCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The compensation was very good. Training was provided as needed.

Cons

Came on board at a time of transition and more communication from management would have been appreciated

"jumped ship as soon as I could"

Former Employee - IT Support in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IT Support in Tampa, FL

I worked at WellCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay and benefits. good people but soon they get laid off or quit.

Cons

poor management, back stabbing, blame game, lack of communication, lack of team effort, and more. I came to work one day and told me " we don't need your services BUT we have a job offer for lower pay and lower jobtitle." Within 4 years I had 4 different managers. it seems They had no clue what I did at the company. High turn-over! avoid this place if you can.

Advice to Management

so more appreciation for the grunts that does all the work. stop back stabbing, stop the blaming when things go wrong, so more support for your staff.