WellSpan Health - Small city hospital with moderate room for growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WellSpan Health

"Small city hospital with moderate room for growth"

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in York, PA
Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in York, PA

Pros

To get your foot in the door in a hospital if you are pursuing a medical career. Better to get a minimum wage job helping people opposed to working at a job that your not giving to the community.

Cons

Low pay. Non flexible scheduling. Compared to other hospitals, each floor that i worked did not display alot of team work that is a necessity when working in health care.

Advice to Management

Focus more on who you place in management positions. Cutting bonuses and pay to staff really effects worth performance

Other Employee Reviews for WellSpan Health

"A very good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Pros

Wellspan is committed to giving back to the community. It recognizes the importance of remaining competitive to hire the best. The organization provides a solid benefit package. The location is near Baltimore which provides more cultural opportunities.

Cons

The organization is currently very interested in developing a very large cash reserve in order to maintain its high bond rating. This is clearly a mixed bag but it does limit the current capital available for new projects. On the other hand, it will help provide for the long term viability of the organization.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind that one has to encourage growth and development in order to keep all the staff happy and satisfied.

2. "fine for now"

Current Employee - Med Assist in Gettysburg, PA
    Current Employee - Med Assist in Gettysburg, PA

Pros

convenience,love what I do, Love docs I work with, and I know the patients. The medical field is my first choice for a job and I have that, I am lucky in that aspect

Cons

Favoritism. I am looking for equal opportunity, no drama amongst employees and the bosses as well as no boss should think they are better than anyone else. we are all a team!

Advice to Management

employees should be asked to give a review of all the off site management people in the offices before their review each year.