WellSpan Health - Nice organization to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WellSpan Health

"Nice organization to work for"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in York, PA
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in York, PA

I have been working at WellSpan Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good compensation, great benefits packages, yearly thank yous

Cons

Some departments lack professionalism, especially with management

Advice to Management

Communicate effectively with staff

Other Employee Reviews for WellSpan Health

"Overworked, Understaffed & Underpaid"

Former Employee - Financial Caseworker - Billing/Customer Service Dept in York, PA

I worked at WellSpan Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

York Hospital employees were very friendly, it was an enjoyable atmosphere.

Cons

Being managed by the Billing/Customer Service Dept. (which is located at a separate office building) This department is run my managers who do not care about their employees. Once I was hired I had found out that my position had been a revolving door. I was encouraged to communicate any problems or concerns I had, that former employees failed to do so which led to their poor performance. Early on I noticed serious operational problems with the position and I brought this up as soon as appropriate. I was initially praised, then thrown under a bus. I found out that my issues and concerns had been brought up before, yet nothing was done to make improvements. The empty promises of having an office assistant and workers at other office locations to help with the case load was soon followed by threats of termination. The department threatens all employees with termination to manipulate them into taking on as much work as they feel necessary. One way they do this is by extending probationary periods for new employees, so that can can hang fear of termination over their head. Instead of motivating the employee to work harder and WITH management, it creates the Us Vs Them mentality and you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. You know it's only a matter of time before you are terminated; when it is suitable for the department to cover your position- then placing the burden on other employees.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect, work with employees not against them. Companies look for someone who is honest and that they can trust; You should show the same to your employees. Human Resources needs to do a better job overseeing the hiring/firing of this department, although I am concerned they might have encouraged this behavior from the start. I had been informed that a former employee in the Financial Caseworker position had taken them to court for unlawful treatment and termination.

HR likes to promote the wellness of their employees, to ensure quality care to their patients, make sure this is actually carried out and that managers of ALL departments share your values.

"Small city hospital with moderate room for growth"

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in York, PA
    Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in York, PA

Pros

To get your foot in the door in a hospital if you are pursuing a medical career. Better to get a minimum wage job helping people opposed to working at a job that your not giving to the community.

Cons

Low pay. Non flexible scheduling. Compared to other hospitals, each floor that i worked did not display alot of team work that is a necessity when working in health care.

Advice to Management

Focus more on who you place in management positions. Cutting bonuses and pay to staff really effects worth performance