WellSpan Health - Phenomenal Employer | Glassdoor

"Phenomenal Employer"

Former Employee - 6 Job Titles In 20 Years of Employment in York, PA
Former Employee - 6 Job Titles In 20 Years of Employment in York, PA

I worked at WellSpan Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

WellSpan Health values its employees by offering competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a committment to work-life balance. When making decisions about its services, WellSpan Health considers the health care needs of the community, the current economic climate in health care in general and the welfare of its employees. It's never an easy juggling act, but WellSpan does an exceptional job!

Cons

Because WellSpan Health is such a fantastic employer, people tend to work for them for a long time. On occasion, this can lead some employees to avoid change and growth in favor of "the way we've always done things around here." This resistance to change can sometimes make WellSpan a challenging work environment when you have some employees who embrace change and others who dig in their heels and avoid change. Also, because employees do tend to stay with WellSpan for a long time (I worked there over 20 years), there is less opportunity for advancement that there would be in a company with a higher turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Sometimes individuals can't see the broader picture or take a long-term view. They think only of how something will impact them now. I would encourage WellSpan Management to continue it's forward-thinking approach to the evolution of the services WellSpan provides. Employees may rail at the changes in the short-term, but when they realize that the decisions made are in the higher good of all concerned (community, employees, the fiscal welfare and viability of the organization), they will settle down, adapt, grow, and become better health care providers in the long run.

Other Employee Reviews for WellSpan Health

"Mostly a positive experience with the exception of the past few years."

Pros

Great benefits. Massages are covered in the health plan and generous PTO time can be banked to 1 1/2 your annual amount.

Cons

Restructuring over past year or so has led to a lot of confusion with staff. Money (budget) seems more important than patient care and patient outcomes.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in York, ME
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in York, ME

I worked at WellSpan Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly caring group of people. Good benefits and very flexible.

Cons

They don't value the good employees enough, they keep a lot of bad and don't try to keep the good ones.

Advice to Management

I tried to get rehired after leaving and even though the doctor I worked for wanted me back they would not hire me back. I never missed a day, was an A plus employee and it was very disappointed that I wasn't valued enough to return.