WellStar Health System - I enjoyed my time at Kennestone Hospital as a stepping stone in my career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WellStar Health System

"I enjoyed my time at Kennestone Hospital as a stepping stone in my career"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Marietta, GA
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Marietta, GA

Pros

the float pool position that I worked provided flexible hours with industry standard salary. I enjoyed providing care to multiple departments within the hospital

Cons

Working as a floor nurse is a difficult profession regardless of the employer. While I enjoyed
my co-workers and manager, I decided that 11 years of bedside nursing was enough for me. I left not because of Kennestone but because I needed a change.

Advice to Management

Small changes that are needed sometimes become bogged down in red tape. Leadership needs to find a way to streamline changes that provide more flexibility in the system.

Other Employee Reviews for WellStar Health System

1. "Pretty good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Pros

Good work balance and flexible work schedules

Cons

they really need to work on bringing pay scale up to industry standard

"A bitter disappointment."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Excellent health benefits, attractive campus, fair compensation, and the staff level workers are good people.

Cons

Middle and upper management do not communicate with or support the employees, and do not possess the necessary skills and education to be able to do their jobs well. There is little to no chance for advancement within the organization. Success and advancement are based upon politics, not skill, and result in an unstable, distrustful organizational culture.

Advice to Management

Scrutinize the skills and education of your management and leadership team. The most senior member in a department isn't necessarily the best choice for management. Support and communicate with your employees, and they will support you in return.