Wellbridge - Decent job for college students, but I stress 'decent'... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wellbridge

"Decent job for college students, but I stress 'decent'..."

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wellbridge part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're a college student looking for part-time work, working at a Wellbridge gym can be beneficial. For starters, you'll get paid. Considering there are students everywhere needing part-time jobs, just be happy if you get one. It's a great resume builder as you will develop skills that can assist you in just about any career field (mainly your communication and problem-solving skills). As long as you get along with the other managers and members, you'll develop a nice list of references. The people you interact with will generally be nice. Having a free membership is nice, too.

Cons

It will lower your moral and wear thin on you. I'm a positive person who worked with other positive people, and at one point, we all had to ask ourselves if working the front desk was really worth our time. You're going to deal with rude members who will release their angst on you. Not because you did something wrong, mind you. But simply because you're a visible face.

Managers, more than likely, won't come to your defense or step up to be the first point of contact for disgruntled members. If a manager doesn't do their job, and thus disappoints a member, you will be the one to feel that disappoint. Why? Chances are, said manager won't be around to take on any face-to-face accountability.

A lot of this revolves around everyone's low pay, despite their nifty job titles. In Atlanta, front desk and kid's center employees only make $0.75 over minimum wage for positions that seem to add more tasks, importance, and responsibilities by the month. On top of that, any hopes of making a career out of working for a Wellbridge gym are slim, and probably not even worth it. It's nothing more than a place to work to supplement your education or whatever else you do.

Advice to Management

Raise the hourly salary of the front desk and kid's center employees. They are the main points of contact and play a huge role in interacting with the members and keeping them happy. Unhappy members = less members = less money. Show the front desk and kid's center employees how much you value them. Don't merely tell them.

Other Employee Reviews for Wellbridge

"Run far!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Wellbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the sales aspect of the club and changing lives.
    get to run your own business

Cons

Management is horrible
    They dont care about the employees

Advice to Management

Care about everyone!

"Don't do it! Bad job ! Run away"

Former Employee - Membership Representative in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Membership Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Wellbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free gym membership
    Good workout classes

Cons

6 months until you get 401 K options. 30 day wait for crappy healthcare. Base pay is 20 K (way to low). Micro managed! Also, your commission is 2 months behind. So the first two months you are barely getting by with the low base pay. Also the hours!!! They expect you to work 50-60 hours at the end of every month in order to hit your number. It was a VERY pushy sales job. Also filled with awkward cold calling. Not to mention you work nights and weekends. Just a hard job. And you are expected to do "outside lead generation" aka bring people in. They do not provide you with gas money or reimburse you for mileage on your vehicle. Which is unethical considering the gas prices. Sorry I'm only making a little over $1200 a month I can't be "lead generating" everyday and using my own gas . NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. You work 6 days a week and get one day off and you are exhausted!!!

Advice to Management

Reimburse gas mileage. Higher base pay. Go over offer letter with candidate in detail. Get better benefits. You can pay them more considering they are the most expensive gym.