Wells Fargo - Teller at wells fargo | Glassdoor

"Teller at wells fargo"

Former Employee - Teller in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Customers were great for the most part. I loved interacting and getting to know them. I also loved my co-workers.

Cons

My manager! My manager was terrible as far as the way she talked to us. We had several business customers and even they would complain about her if I saw them outside of work. We had a high turnover rate of tellers simply because of her but because she has worked for the company for such a long time they don't do anything to her. Most people also don't know that we have certain goals that we have to meet or they... threaten to fire you. They dont care how many customers you have or about the fact that most customers dont want credit cards or extra things other than their checking accounts they expect you to work your magic and make them sign up for things they dont necessarily want. We also have one on one reviews with our manager every single week and it was frustrating because I dont mind criticism but she did not know how to talk to people.

Advice to Management

Learn to talk to your fellow co-workers. People respond better when you respect them. Also, be more concerned about customer service not so much about forcing people to open accounts or get services and credit cards that they dont necessarily want or need.

Wells Fargo2016-04-13
  1. "Really great atmosphere within the branch"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Petersburg, VA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to sit down all day so you don’t have to worry about your feet hurting.

Cons

Slow days in the middle of the month can cause your shift to drag

Wells Fargo2019-09-06

"Coming to work here was the best decision ever."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is phenomenal. The message is all about how the people make the difference and the company is very focused on developing employees. The routines set in place to reinforce the behaviors are phenomenal. Resources available to leaders for improving coaching style are endless! They have even taken external leadership theories and incorporated those into the resources and training available. Highly... engaged and talented people work here, making it a great place to network and grow.

Cons

Some systems are a bit antiquated, but to be honest I’d prefer that over flashy stuff that glitches out all the time. Time off is not very competitive, and it doesn’t increase with positions that have more responsibility, it only increases with years worked at the company. No fully comprehensive health plan, but they do offer a company funded HSA with one of the plans.

Wells Fargo2018-08-25

Discover more reviews about Wells Fargo.