Wells Fargo - LOTS of entry level positions available for those who need a job change. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"LOTS of entry level positions available for those who need a job change."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Pros

LOTS of entry level positions available for those who need a job change. Company, in general, is gay friendly. Company allows team members to volunteer and pays them to do so.

Cons

Management is hand held most of the time; too afraid to make decisions without getting prior approval from Senior Management.

Advice to Management

Let your people lead. They're in those positions because you put them there, so let them run their teams. It will be ok.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

"Wonderful people, raises have been very small"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Columbia, MD

Pros

I would say that over 85% of the people in the office are great. Just like in every work environment, there are always those few. The managers are wonderful (can only think of one that I thought was terrible, they handled that though) Overall, I still like my job and those that I work with. I will say that the amount of knowledge you gain is worth it. They encourage creativity and suggestions. They do listen to feedback, well, except for raises.

Cons

Every year the raise get smaller and smaller. I have felt recently, no matter how much extra I have done beyond my assigned work is usually unrewarded or recognized (not referring to thank you notes, talking money). News Flash, thank you notes do not pay the mortgage. There are always headlines of wonderful profits, strong company, then comes review time....Manager tells you, "you're great" and lists all the wonderful accomplishments. Them bam 1%, 1.5%, 2%. Even though you may already be aware that the board has capped raises at 1.5% or 2% you always hope that some sorry, unproductive person an aisle over would get .5% and you would see a little more, after all, you have done so much. It's not just Wells either, it's all over. Companies are wondering how little can they feed the horse before it dies.

Advice to Management

The management is great, some are remarkable. My only gripe is raises. Every year I have swallowed all the sacrifices I have made, being as productive as I could, cut costs, even finding money for the bottom line, and tried streamlining any process I could. Never really amounted to much for me. I have kind of given up, gave all I could give, and will be moving on.

2. "Hope to retire from Wells Fargo"

Current Employee - Manager in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Manager in West Des Moines, IA

Pros

Compensation is competative
    Growth opportunities
    Company ethics

Cons

General anti-bank sentiment held by the public
    Struggles to meet ever-changing government requirements has negatively impacted work-life quality

Advice to Management

Make sure your senior leaders really embrace the Wells Fargo ethics; if they drove their previous businesses into the ground with poor decisions, perhaps they shouldn't be promoted