Wells Fargo - A good experience | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"A good experience"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo is a good company that cares about its people and customers. 18 days PTO. Everyone helps each other.

Cons

Financial analysis of borrowers is overly in-depth. There is a lot of time spent on minutiae instead of focusing on the big picture. The culture is a little bit stiff and cold.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Product Pushers"

Former Employee - Personal Banker I
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can learn a lot about finance and banking.

Cons

Major product pushers and they really don't care about customers.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing unrealistic goals and care about your customers.

2. "Learn how to deal with pressure!"

Current Employee - Store Manager I
    Current Employee - Store Manager I

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wells is a very stable company that's located all over the country. It provides more than adequate training and tools to help make the employees successful. There are a ton of advancement opportunities and the management team works with you to achieve your next level of success. The starting salaries are generally pretty competitive.

Cons

The company is very sales based. It doesn't matter what position you sign up for, you will have a hefty sales goal and not a whole lot of reward if you achieve it. Regardless of where you work, what your traffic is like, or whether your short staffed or over staffed- every person in your position has the same goal. There is a huge emphasis on making sure we do what's right for the customer and giving them a WOW experience, but sometimes doing what's best for the customer isn't sales related- and Wells doesn't like that. You're expected to cross-sell EVERY SINGLE person that sits at your desk, regardless of why they sit down. We are consistently signing "acknowledgements" letting us know that if we don't do something right, we'll be written up. You aren't supposed to live in fear, but the pressure to perform and not get written up is so high, that the majority of the people who work here can't sleep on a consistent basis and are completely stressed out. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad, but they took away a LOT of things we got sales credit for- so now we have to do much much more for the same numbers.

Advice to Management

The customers and the branch employees are what keep the business going. There should be less focus on feeding the shareholder's wallets and more focus on retaining valuable employees and setting reasonable goals that team members can achieve and feel good about. The goals have gotten so high that team members are becomming disengaged because they aren't achievable. Customers are becomming unhappy with all the account changes and because of the fact that the turnover rate is so high. Keep the employees happy, the customers will be happy, and that will probably feed your shareholders wallets just as well, if not better.