Wells Fargo - Good place to work. | Glassdoor

"Good place to work."

Current Employee - Operations Manager
Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, and get to build up resume.

Cons

Very large company so sometimes you feel like just a number.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "The company is great, but some of the work groups are terrible"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and the operating team is very good. Our CEO and CFO really care about the customer, shareholder, and team member.

Cons

Some of the senior management within the work groups are terrible. Its like the top executives are good, but the next couple levels are burnt out and aware that they will never be promoted so they are very difficult to work with if you are eager to work hard. Often times efforts to improve the processes on my team are stiffled for no reason.

Advice to Management

Maybe put the "good-ol-boys" club on the back burner for a bit and clear out some of the dead weight at the SVP level.

2. "Overworked, underpaid"

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Health Insurance, 401K, & Tuition Reimbursement, and profit sharing are all available. Vacation time is adequate. There are incentives for meeting and exceeding goals. A 200-600 bonus is paid every quarter for over 80% perfect customer satisfaction, based on Gallup polls. I have heard that other branches are somewhat better than where I work..

Cons

The health insurance is not good. For tuition to be reimbursed, you must stay employed at Wells for a year past when your tuition reimbusement is paid by WF, and if your semester ends in December, it will more than likely be paid in January. Vacation time is picked by seniority and it is VERY inflexible company. Do not expect to take a three day weekend or take off a Saturday to go to a wedding if that is not your alotted vacation time that you have picked in January for the ENTIRE YEAR. Also, who decided that pefect scores 80% of the time are a good way to alocate bonuses when A.) Nothing is ever perfect and can be improved, therefore most of those polled are very unlikely to give perfect scores--most people, including myself think it is implausible and therefore necessary to at least give a very good vs. excellent rating to give the survey more validity and B.) When customers are closing there accounts in droves relating to WFs policies and procedures which also cause extremely long wait times, do you really think that they will not take out any of the adimosity on the surveys?. Ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. We work extremely hard to uphold the reputation of the company but the everchanging policies and procedures make it very hard to seem like competant, confident employees. No one ever knows the answers, not even at Banker Connection. Stop making us look like a joke by offering $10 to open an account when Chase is offering $150 for a lesser qualifying direct deposit. I mean, seriously?