Wells Fargo - Satisfying, but not blown away. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Satisfying, but not blown away."

Pros

Wells Fargo is a great company to work for. They have decent compensation programs in comparison to the other banking companies out there. The benefit of working in a large firm like Wells is the ability to jump from location to location. If there is an opening in San Francisco, you can jump from Walnut Creek, Oakland, or wherever else to that position (granted that you qualify for it).

Cons

Because it is such a large company, it is hard to get recognition sometimes; as with all big companies. However, this isn't too big of an issue because if you continue to excel, your efforts will be greatly rewarded.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, nice pay, fantastic facilities

Cons

No great respect or dependency for offshore resources

Advice to Management

Treat contractors well

2. "Sales Driven"

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to learn sales techniques and to get sales quota experience. I loved the people that I worked with and I enjoyed the work I did. I loved the fact that it was a good place to get good sales experience and working for Wells Fargo is legitimate resume booster.

Cons

It's a very sales driven environment, which I liked but it's not for everyone. You have to know what you are getting into and if you aren't cut out for it then don't do it. It's a place where they burn through tellers and bankers very quickly. The turnover makes it difficult for customers to make relationships with bankers and it sometimes causes them to question the practices of Wells Fargo. I didn't like my management but I think that was just branch specific. I wouldn't assume that it's that way at all branches, however it might be the case.

Advice to Management

Take a look at your turnover numbers. It's not a coincidence. You can't expect the sales numbers that you do when the bank is completely empty during the week. The quarterly numbers might get there but that's only because the whole organization cheats on their sales numbers. It's unfortunate that you have created such strict sales numbers that have turned bankers and tellers into cheaters just to hit their numbers. Customers become numbers, not customers.