Wells Fargo - Private Mortgage Banker | Glassdoor
  1. "Private Mortgage Banker"

Current Employee - Private Mortgage Banker

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Extremely competitive jumbo rates with interest only options.

Cons

Lack of vision, rigid underwriting practices, cheap and overly compliant.

Advice to Management

Reward and celebrate your employees in tangible ways and focus more on what our customers want and need because if we don’t our competitors are.

Wells Fargo2017-12-29
  1. "It's a great place to work"

Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You can do an internal move after one year. Usually, you can select a location as you prefer. Sometimes and some jobs, you maybe work from home for certain days.

Cons

Your colleagues maybe spread throughout the country, there could be conference calls every day, and the upside of your career or compensation maybe limited.

Wells Fargo2019-02-20

"Coming to work here was the best decision ever."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture here is phenomenal. The message is all about how the people make the difference and the company is very focused on developing employees. The routines set in place to reinforce the behaviors are phenomenal. Resources available to leaders for improving coaching style are endless! They have even taken external leadership theories and incorporated those into the resources and training available. Highly engaged...

Cons

Some systems are a bit antiquated, but to be honest I’d prefer that over flashy stuff that glitches out all the time. Time off is not very competitive, and it doesn’t increase with positions that have more responsibility, it only increases with years worked at the company. No fully comprehensive health plan, but they do offer a company funded HSA with one of the plans.

Wells Fargo2018-08-25

Discover more reviews about Wells Fargo.