Wells Fargo - Excellent company to work for and grow! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Excellent company to work for and grow!"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Wells Fargo has every interest in their employees growing and developing. The opportunity for advancement is huge! I received 3 promotions in 2 years. Great benefits! Great incentive pay and bonuses! Diversity acceptance is great! Wells Fargo is a huge supporter of the LGBT community and recognizes same-sex partner's as a spouse for benefits.

Cons

Goals can sometimes seem unrealistic - but you are compensated.

Advice to Management

Get to know your direct reports and build a relationship

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Does not do what is right for the customer..."

Current Employee - Lead Teller
    Current Employee - Lead Teller

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo pays fairly decent and the majority of the people you work with are nice. You get holidays off and a good amount of vacation time.

Cons

Sales comes first no matter what! The customer could be in a situation where they should not be sold a product an you are forced to always offer something. They push sales down your throat constantly. They do customer service surveys to which if you get below a five on any of the questions you now get in trouble which some of those things are beyond your control. A very repetitive work environment.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees and treating them better. I have seen tellers and bankers both (which if it weren't for those employees you would not have customers) get treated badly all the time and I feel that if it weren't for them you wouldn't have a company. Also, ease up on sales, I have had customers tell me when they find out where I work that they would never do business with Wells because they put so much pressure on customers to get a sale.

2. "Great co-workers but poor management"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone pitches in to get a task/project completed. Most employees are remote so the telecommuting a great benefit.

Cons

Management does not fully stand behind their employees. No one wants to stand up and tell upper management if what they over promised isn't going to work. Even at the risk to the environment.

Advice to Management

Don't intimidate your employees where they don't feel they are able to tell you the reality of things without repercussions. Checking off a task item in a schedule should not supersede risks to the environment. Listen to the people actually doing the work.