Wells Fargo - Wells Fargo has allowed me to utilize my talent to exceed in my young professional career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Wells Fargo has allowed me to utilize my talent to exceed in my young professional career"

Current Employee - Private Banker
Current Employee - Private Banker

Pros

Wells Fargo creates a competitive retail environment that allows for constructive growth within team members. WF is a solid institution with a reputation that stands for stability and security and value.

Cons

may seem like a small fish in a huge pond...

Advice to Management

n/a

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Wells Fargo"

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

Pros

WF offers pleasant work environment, decent benefits package, tuition reimbursement, and advancement opportunities as long as you meet their sales goals. they match 6 percent of your 401K contributions, which is kinda nice, but you'll be able to take their contribution with you (if you decide to leave) only after 5 years with them, which kinda sucks. it seems to be a stable company, so you'd have some kind of work security. i have no heard about anybody being laid off.

Cons

sales, sales, sales! seems to be the main concern. of course, they mention customer service and all that, but sales dominate. the commissions seem to be a little low, given the emphasis on sales. and there is little check on sales quality. a lot of customers get screwed with accounts and services that they dont need (but give profit to the bankers)

Advice to Management

change commission structure, so bankers would not have an incentive to put customers in the wrong damn accounts.

2. "Great company--- hard sales times"

Current Employee - Personal Banker Trainee
    Current Employee - Personal Banker Trainee

Pros

The training is good and your supervisor is always there to answer questions the hrs are good and the pay is not bad for the type of work. The benefits are good if you use them.

Cons

The sales can be a challenge being new to the company and with the economy being the way it is. it's heard to sell new accounts to people that are scared to move there money. But Cds are easy to sell with the stock market in the tank.

Advice to Management

great job, just keep us up tp date on new and up coming marketing strategies. Very supportive to there staff.