Wells Fargo - good, but sometimes you meet sensitive, old school manager | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"good, but sometimes you meet sensitive, old school manager"

Former Contractor - IT Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Former Contractor - IT Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, helpful. The work was pretty mundane, and since its in the city, it might be fun to work with. Provided sufficient time to settle down initially, so that's the plus.

Cons

My manager was good at certain times, but sometimes, he might be very micromanaging, sensitive to our comments and kinda of old school. There was no laptop issued for people working in my dept, so that was pretty annoying.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

"Person Banker Position has almost a 90% turn over in my region due to unrealistic sales goals."

Current Employee - District Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - District Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and profitable company

Cons

If you work in a sales position especially in retail you must perform in the top 10% to keep your job.

Advice to Management

I was a top performer with the company. I started as a Personal Banker in early 2004. I was promoted every 10-12 months. I worked on the corporate side and eventually went back to retail as a District Manager. I lost very good employees over and over again to unrealistic goals. I saw 20 year veterans of the retail area fired for 2 quarters of poor sales performance. I left because I felt like the culture we say we live up to no longer exists, at least not in retail. My advice would be to make your goals realistic and instead of quarterly do monthly. Retain hard working experienced team members. There are many other positions that would be a great fit. You don't show someone the door after two quarters who has given you their entire career. It's not right. I proved over and over again that you can achieve great results but treating people right and motivating them. Learn from that.

2. "So far so good! I love my manager and the people that I work with."

Current Employee - Teller in Winona, MN
    Current Employee - Teller in Winona, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Building relationships with co-workers and customers
    Benefits
    Store hours
    Their training does a great job preparing you for your position
    The people I work with are very friendly, hard workers, and are always willing to give advice.
    Great opportunities to grow your career within the company

Cons

The sales goals are tough to reach and the pressure to reach them can be kind of ridiculous.